1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Im most likely going to get ZTE warp

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Danny80, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Danny80

Danny80 Newbie

Hey so i am super NEW to the whole world of android. I wanted to know if you all can tell me why you think androids are good phones? And can anyone offer me some advice about the warp by boost?

I was considering the prevail but im starting to feel like the warp is better?

does anyone want to tell me how different the prevail is from the warp?

I welcome all adivce...

I know for sure i will be getting a droid i just dont know if its going to be the ZTE or the prevail ..

so please anyone with impute, advice please give me everything you got...

:D Thank you in advance!

im gonna be on here ALOT lol i love to learn about phones

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. limited

limited Well-Known Member

You will be disappointed with the prevail. The internal storage is almost nothing and without major modification the phone runs slow. The Warp is a hundred times better. 4gb storage. Much larger screen. Better camera. Faster processor. just my opinion. I was not happy with my prevail.

Danny80 likes this.
  3. HeroLau

HeroLau Well-Known Member

My views: general question ask Google, special information of these two phone go through their own forums here. this is my way way, too.

4. Danny80

Danny80 Newbie

Thank you ... how is the battery life on it? and is texting fast?

5. Knoxville363

Knoxville363 Well-Known Member

Here is my view: I started my android experience with the motorola i1. At the time the phone was $400 (I got mine from a buddy who had it for sprint, so I paid $150). It ruined the whole android experience for me because it was on android 1.5 which was not even that old at the time...BUT it was slow and just a terrible phone for anything but calling. From there I went to the prevail....

When I first got the prevail, it was awesome. Running froyo (android 2.2) was just a huge step up from where I was coming from. The phone ran smooth, internet browsing was amazing, and just the overall experience from the start was great. As time progressed, I began to use the phone more and download more stuff. I did not have any issues with the prevail BUT the internal memory was terrible. I dont know why they only had 256mb. I was constantly getting the internal memory low message. I had to constantly delete things left and right. Along with the internal memory, the screen was able to get scratched very easy which I did not like. Typing on it did take getting used to because the screen is so small on it as well. Overall if the internal memory was increased to at least 1G, I would have been happier.

Then we got the ZTE WARP. This phone just simply smokes the hell out of the competition. I don't care what anyone says about the warp when you compare it to any other phone from boost including the transform. The big screen along with its new processor just made things run soooooooo much smoother than ever before. Every phone will have its flaws so keep that in mind. No device will ever run 100% fine with no errors at all. I can honestly tell you that the warp is by far the best device that Boost has offered. Now with that in mind, the next phone could smoke the warp out of the competition. That is how tech goes my friend. The newer the device, the better it is. I would highly suggest you get the warp instead of the prevail. Yes the prevail IS cheaper BUT for what you get with the warp, it makes up for the extra bucks. Good luck with whatever phone you choose and if you ever run into trouble thats what this forum is all about.......helping :)

Table83 likes this.
  6. Marknderm

Marknderm Well-Known Member

Knox, I could not have said that better at all... you are 100% on. The best phone in my opp is the warp. and the people here in this forum are the best at helping out with any problems. the guys that have been in here the longest and even the new peeps and middle peeps are all willing to give great advice and they try to never ever stear you wrong, and that my friend is so very hard to find when you need help with your phone. it seem like you just can't get or find anyone in person who knows or is willing to take the time to help you with your phone problems... This place is great. there are allot of threads here but the best thing is you get an answer to your questions like asap. I thank everyone who is in here for helping me out with my phone. you will be happy with the warp if you get it. anyways good luck as well with whatever you get...
    and knox, have a happy new year...great info from you as always...

Knoxville363 likes this.
  7. aladdin99

aladdin99 Well-Known Member

I had the prevail for about 6 months before I got the Warp.
    Like Knoxville363, when I first got the prevail, I thought it was awesome. I love it even more when the devs starting making ROMs for it. Cynagenmod FTW!! And as of right now, it is the only Boost phone that has any custom ROMS. Loved experimenting with the devs and wondering what they would come up with next.
    I still have my Prevail and still play with it every now and then.

Then i got the Warp. All i could say was, "OMG that screen". Then, "wow... this thing is fast". Even with my Prevail being heavily modded, the Warp is unbelievably better.

The Warp is only $50 more than the Prevail. You will totally kick yourself if you don't get the Warp.

8. Knoxville363

Knoxville363 Well-Known Member

Yah its pretty much out with the old and in with the new.....im a huge gamer. Think about back in the day for us that are in our 20's.....we started with the NES which was unreal, then the SNES, then the N64, now......its like WHOA!! 360 and PS3 seem unheard of if you launched them back in the day. The future is where it is at my friend. The point I am trying to make is that when things first come out they are considered the best and seem like nothing can be done better YET new devices and new tech are introduced making things easier to use painting an overall better picture. So I am not one to bash the prevail because in April 2011 when it was launched it was GREAT...still is a good phone but the warp is better.

9. godraw

godraw Well-Known Member

Boost is rumored to soon be releasing the LG Optimus Black but I'll venture a guess Boost won't release it until sometime near and more likely after February 2012. Probably only released when/after LG is "supposedly' going to offer an update from the now current Froyo 2.2 to Gingerbread 2.3. And like I said, that won't be till Febuary, if at all. Their are some feature trade-offs I could see some users finding between this LG and the Warp but if LG were to renig on the GB update, well, that's a deal breaker.

My vote goes to the Warp if it's within the OP's budget. Sure, you'll lay more up out front for the phone but their Android Plan pricing is the same regardless.

10. Danny80

Danny80 Newbie

Thank you so much to everyone who replied to me! I will be spending alot of time here.. lol anyway, i was gonna get the prevail but i really feel strongly that i will be happy with the wrap. so my mind is set... this tuesday im buying it! :)

11. Danny80

Danny80 Newbie

Hey knox Thank you so much your inpute is much appreciated! So my problem with the normal boost phones is ..... there interface is so ugly and plain ... black and orange are there colors? how ugly right? So with the droids i noticed you can totally make it look however u want it too .... so i also read why droids are better then iphones.... and droids blow the iphone out of the water

12. aladdin99

aladdin99 Well-Known Member

With an Iphone you pretty much know you are going to get a nice device.
    With android phones you better do a bit of research before you buy.

I will not get into the whole Iphone VS android debate. Android is just the OS. IPhone is the OS and hardware.

With the warp, you are getting pure Android. There is no TouchWiz or Sense overlay. Boost only added a few things. Which you can easily hide by changing the wallpaper and using a different launcher.

Danny80 likes this.
  13. Danny80

Danny80 Newbie

Ok well maybe u can teach me about the basics ok? lol i have been reading... i still have 3 more days to go before i buy it.

14. mrklotzner

mrklotzner Newbie

i personally love my ZTE Warp by boost it is a good phone it is pretty fast at just about anything you want to do from my personal experience but mine is also rooted didnt affect the speeds at al but i would def have to say if you are going through boost and you cant decide between the prevail or the warp let me tel you everyone i know that had the prevail gave it up and upgraded to the warp i think you will like it it has decent speeds god memory and is pretty responsive :D

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews