• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm new and already have a problem :(

hi everyone,
I recently (4 days ago) switched from BB to galaxy s2 :)

I am really happy with my phone except for one error.

In the top status bar thing there are 2 usb signs saying USB connected, MTP connected.

I don't even have a USB plugged in :s

http://androidforums.com/members/pr...red-whilst-i-came-off-twitter-help-please.png

what does this mean, what is going on?

thanks all

Free APPS I recommend;
-pulse (news, rss all in one)
- temple run (fun quick game)
- lets golf 3 (golf game but takes up 814mb)
- JEFIT (gym workout log)
- live hold em pro )poker app)
- Instagram
- instant heart rate (not sure if its accurate)
- solo lite (guitar playing app)

Hello and welcome to the forums - thanks for joining!

I have not heard of MTP connected before, but have just found this in the SGS II sub-forum... take a look, as it could help you out :)

Come back here or post in the SGS II sub-forum if you have any other issues.

Hope you find this place useful :D

hey thank, oh i didnt know there was subforums for specific phones, maybe someone can move this to the right place?

ah i had a search on google and read that thread too! thing usb stuff just appeared randomly, but its gone now. I just restarted my phone!

i forced stopped some applications, so maybe thats why it happened, because soon after my touchscreen stopped responding and starting turning on and off whenever it wanted. I did a battery pull and everything seems fine now.

thanks

Upvote 0
hey thank, oh i didnt know there was subforums for specific phones, maybe someone can move this to the right place?

Don't worry about it... I'll leave the thread where it is... no need to move it :)

ah i had a search on google and read that thread too! thing usb stuff just appeared randomly, but its gone now. I just restarted my phone!

Sometimes restarting your phone is all that is needed ;)

i forced stopped some applications, so maybe thats why it happened, because soon after my touchscreen stopped responding and starting turning on and off whenever it wanted. I did a battery pull and everything seems fine now.

thanks

Android is pretty good at handeling apps/memory, so you should be able to let it do it's own thing... if it needs more memory, it would stop apps that are running in the background on it's own. If you would like, I can dig out a couple of links that explain it better :D

Upvote 0
Don't worry about it... I'll leave the thread where it is... no need to move it :)

Sometimes restarting your phone is all that is needed ;)

Hi, this USB MTP crap keeps coming up when there isn't a USB plugged in.
Its starting to get annoying, and now the voice command randonly pops up whenever it wants. is my phone just a faulty production?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones