1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

I'm new, does this exist?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by The.Cone.Zone, Apr 17, 2011.

1. The.Cone.Zone

The.Cone.Zone Lurker
    None

Apr 17, 2011
    I am beginning to be fed up with Apple because they constantly try to buck off all the hackers and I am sick of it. I want to have root access to my phone, so I want an Android. Problem is, there are so many phones out there, I don't know how to find a good one =[ . Basically I want a phone with these attributes; tell me if it exists or is rumored to exist sometime this summer or whatever.

Dual core 1.2+Ghz
    1GB RAM
    "qHD display"
    4.3" screen atleast 260ppi
    AMOLED/OLED screen
    Android 2.3 (either by hacking or by stock)
    8MPX camera w/ flash (optical zoom if possible)
    On AT&T, I'll be sad to change carriers, but hey if a phone is good enough I'll switch
    Can be rooted (It's my guess that all Androids can be rooted)
    16GB+ storage (*GB internal w/8GB SD)
    potential battery life of 6-8 hours on 3G surfing

I know the Galaxy S2 has similar stats, but I know that the screen is only 800X480 (WTF?)

Thanks for the help =]

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    Thread moved to the Android Lounge.

Welcome to the forum :)

3. seepage

seepage Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 16, 2010
  4. JiMMaR

JiMMaR Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 12, 2010
    HTC sensation is good too [it seems]
    ram is 768 though
    and it got S-LCD qHD display
    it's announced for the UK, you may be able to get an unlocked version and get it to work there.

basically .. you want a galaxy S 2 with a different resolution, good luck on that

5. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Android Expert
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    Evo 3D has everything you just listed, except the 8mp camera, but its twin 5mps are just a fun toy that I highly doubt will stick around. The existence of the 3D means that HTC will likely start releasing other phones to other carriers with the same specs, so I would bet that in the next year, AT&T will have a phone just like what you just described.

6. The.Cone.Zone

The.Cone.Zone Lurker
    None

Apr 17, 2011
    Yah, my ideal phone is the GS2 with double the resolution and 1GB RAM =[ . I plan to be developing tweaks and stuff for android, but I would be pissed beyond all belief if the phone got as slow as I've seen android phones get. I really cannot stand scroll lag, that sort of thing makes me want to rage XD . I need a phone to be responsive, and run the PSX emulator at full speed with UI tweaks installed, which is definitely a lot to ask for from a phone at this point =[

In reaction to the Evo 3D, the 3D features are total garbage, that's nothing but a GPU and battery hog. I understand that 3D can be togged with that little switch, but that doesn't disable it totally from the firmware to free up the needed resources.

7. gallandof

gallandof Android Expert
    None

if you want that resolution, sadly you wont be able to get an amoled display. Personally the 800x480 resolution on the amoled's is more than enough, I still like it better than my iphone even with a lower PPI. also lower resolution means better performance too ;P

8. Tslide91

Tslide91 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Northeast u.s.
    Resolution is only a small part of what makes a good display

9. dan330

dan330 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2010
    wait 3-6 more months.. and the phone that matches your expectations.

might be announced/scheduled to be out...

10. Manbartz

Manbartz Member
    None

Apr 15, 2011
    atrix maybe? seems pretty close.

11. The.Cone.Zone

The.Cone.Zone Lurker
    None

Apr 17, 2011
    Thanks guys, looks like I'll wait this one out, I simply will not compromise lol. I've tried android phones in the mall and they absolutely suck in terms of UI lag (not to mention I cannot stand copy and paste on android XD). It's all good, I'll just stick to my 3gs until something meets my standards.

12. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Just noting that qHD display is 960x540 - so, at 4.3", that will work out to 256 ppi, so wanting at least 260 ppi is unpossible.

I can't speak for what you've tried in a mall, as many phones are apt to be 2.2 or 2.1 - with different performance and features.

With a little customization, I have no lag on my HTC - and things like the Evo 3D or Sensation ought be pretty astounding out of the box.

And fwiw - I've yet to see a phone with optical zoom.

Best luck in your hunt.

13. Brucew0617

None

Jan 27, 2011
    Earth
    HTC EVO 3D is only one phone closest to your demand.

14. Guamguy

Guamguy Android Expert
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    Me thinks its likely the HTC Sensation will eventually get 850 3G courtesy of the Canadian and Latin American markets, if not to supply Australia's Telstra. That means the phone will be AT&T 3G compatible, even if AT&T hasn't adopted it, which I hope it will. Its either the Sensation or the EVO 3D.

The Samsung Galaxy SII appears to come with the 850 3G support built in, being a quad band 3G phone from the start.

HTC Sense, like on the Inspire, has its own copy and paste which I find to be as good, or better than Apple's. Plus the HTC Sense phones do additional acceleration on top of the stock Android. Having owned both a Nexus One and an HTC Desire, as well as a Droid incredible, I can sense kinetic scrolls on the web browsers of the Desire and DInc to be smoother than the stock Nexus One on Froyo, all phones being from HTC and the same Qualcomm processor.

The Galaxy S series also features acceleration on the browser, and yes, I got a Froyo upgraded Galaxy S and a Nexus S to compare with. The Nexus S browser is fast but you can see a difference with the Galaxy S browser. Me thinks the Galaxy S browser has better graphical acceleration but the Nexus S browser though has faster renders, much faster garbage collection, memory allocation and caching. Gingerbread plus acceleration with the latest HTC Sense and Samsung Touchwiz would even be better.