1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

im new with my htc evo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chicomostoc, Apr 11, 2012.

1. chicomostoc

chicomostoc Android Enthusiast

I'm new with my HTC EVO 4G, which rom installed? and which kernel installed? I want battery life, and speed.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

well i would try mikg 3.11 as it is the best rom really to start out with. it is waaaay better then stock.

as far as kernels go that will depend on your device. all kernels react differently on different phones so what works for you may not work for me. i would start out with the aggressive freedom kernel. and always give the kernel a few days before moving on.

also do not forget to make a nandroid backup before flashing kernels.

dustwun77 and chicomostoc like this.
  3. hove131

hove131 Well-Known Member

depends what you want ... your questions are so broad because there are sooooo many rom/kernel choices. For starters i am going to suggest a AOSP rom with a SBC Kernel. Try CyanogenMod 7.2 rom with a tiamat sbc kernel. Let us know what you think. Flash a bunch of different sense and aosp roms and you will figure out which you prefer as you go. Good luck!

dustwun77 and ocnbrze like this.
  4. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

+1 On there being so many choices. Best advice I can give you is, make a nand backup and get your flash on!

hove131, ocnbrze and Rxpert83 like this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews