1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I'm new

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by roseepetals, Dec 25, 2011.

1. roseepetals

roseepetals Lurker

I've just got a Samsung Galaxy S11. It has stuff that my daughter's Iphone doesn't, Ha! When I try and delete pre installed apps and games I don't want, it doesn't delete them when I move them to the trash can??? So, how do you delete them? Apart from all that I'm mother, wife retired from paid employment but addicted to technology :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Hello.. welcome to Android Forums.. and congrats on the new S2 phone. The apps that came pre loaded on your device are often called bloatware instead of software.
    All Android device come with more than their fair share of such unwanted apps.
    The only way to remove them from your phone is to root your phone. You may want to check into this option at some point. A lot of Android users just ignore such apps.
    It's like a watch pocket in a pair of jeans. You don't have to use it but it's there.
    Here is a link to your S2 area here at AF. You can find out all sorts of tips and tricks for your device in this area. Here are links to the S2 phones. You will have to pick the phone/provider that you have.
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T) - Android Forums (For AT&T)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) - Android Forums (For T-Mobile)
    Samsung Epic 4G Touch - Android Forums (For Sprint)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) - Android Forums (For International)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Android Forums

3. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Thanks for stopping by - always nice to welcome a new member!