1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General I'm out...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by davros, Jun 6, 2010.

1. davros

davros Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Mr Mom, and when I do work, Screen Printer
    Central Mass
    got my replacement .... sold it, bought a phone i rooted in 10 seconds while laying in bed.....

Motorola Droid ahhhhh a phone that works....

i'll still come say hi every now and then...:eek:

Advertisement

2. willdogs

willdogs Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
  3. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Cool story bro

4. Hercules

Hercules Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Utah
    Congrats i guess. I could never own a droid personally but good for you.

5. Dukeblue

Dukeblue Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Illinois
    Why? I mean what is the point of this lol. If the incredible threads are supposed to be gone why make a similar thread about the Moto?

6. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Well, Now you can go Froyo!! good stuff there. it runs so smooth and FAST!!!

7. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    Peoria, IL
    The Motodroid is easily the ugliest phones I've ever seen. But yeah, its fast.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

8. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Well, I've seen uglier, but it is one of Verizon's uglier ones (especially for being their flagship smartphone). :D

9. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Pro Desk Driver
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Who cares.

10. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    I almost went that route when my girlfriend got a Droid and was having problems with it. I told her that we could trade phones and I'd take the problem off her hands. Well, she decided that she had gotten used to her Droid, so she didn't go for the trade. All is well, because my Eris is rooted and life is much better with root.

11. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Mechanical Piping Designer
    Delaware
    Cool story bro

12. Papadroid

Papadroid Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    To OP: was this really necessary??? I mean come on, what are you like 10 years old?

13. nearzealot

nearzealot Member

Mar 1, 2010
    southern Indiana
    Best wishes,Davros. I will miss seeing your posts. Ignore the seriously negative crap on here, and the haters who post it. Sail on, dude!

14. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm a cableguy....really
    Monterey, CA
    Dittos

15. fragologist

fragologist Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    I thought these good bye threads were looked down upon by the mods.

16. davros

davros Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Central Mass
    sheesh i should have know that the bs would show up i've made some electronic "friends" in these forums and well, whatever. i've just had it with the crappy product htc and verizon for that matter pushed out to us, made eveyone wait and wait for the update. not to mention the negative bs towards the devs about rooting the eris. plus when i turned my "like new" replacement it had already the 2.1 update applyed and hboot 1.49 ya great same sh*t different smell.........

17. KE4NYV

KE4NYV Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    RF Technician for NASA Wallops Flight Facility and
    Greenbackville, Virginia
    That's the coolest F'in story I've ever heard! Can I hear it again?? Do you have time??

18. adammsu

adammsu Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    hopefully your droid's slider won't feel as crappy as my friends.... all outta whack and not smooth at all.

19. davros

davros Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Central Mass
    Feels good so far.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

20. davros

davros Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Central Mass
    No I'm 40 and yes it was. I like almost everyone here so....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

21. sslamster

sslamster Member

Feb 5, 2010
    New York
    best.............thread................EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::eek:

22. Good to see somebody get jazzed about getting a new phone, Davros. I hope that one suits your needs and never disappoints, as the Eris seems to have.

As far as this type of thread goes, I usually like seeing them for a couple of reasons: 1. there is a point of information having to do with device comparison; it's often sort of embedded in the first post without being said, as in this one, and 2. if we're a community here, not just a bunch of individuals yelling at one another over issues and personalities, etc, then we're going to miss people who leave; I find it gentlemanly of Davros to bother to make a thread like this and to briefly explain himself instead of just turning up gone.

Sometimes a person posts a "goodbye thread" to begin a flame war about the relative merits or lack thereof of the device they've replaced their Eris with; Davros did not do that and is respected enough in here for most people to recognize that, in my opinion.

23. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm a cableguy....really
    Monterey, CA
    I have never understood why it is such a big deal for a member to say goodbye because he is moving on to a new phone.

I didn't have this much of a hard time from my neighbors leaving the ghetto for the nicer part of town....:rolleyes:

Ever since i joined this forum and guys were talking about jumping to the Incredible as soon as it came out..

Who cares.. wish them well and that's that! No need to hate on them.

I'm a member of a auto forum where, like here, there are many dedicated members who help out with car repairs, mods, or just sharing pictures and information.
    When someones gets a new car and says goodbye... we all are happy for them and even ask for pictures of their new ride. We understand no one is gonna have a car forever... but you should have a car longer than a cell phone, in most cases.

I love my eris (now that it's rooted) and plan on having it for a while..
    but i honestly dont blame anyone for being frustrated with their eris and wanting out.

To the OP i say good luck. The Moto Droid is a good phone from what I've heard...but ugly as hell!:D

24. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Verizon Wireless Sales, Traveling Musician
    my eris works. and knowing motorola phones it won't be long before it falls apart. Slide-out keyboard will feel like its glued in place, and sit crooked. But other than that you have a pretty solid phone, enjoy the speed my friend! :D

25. I am nearly certain that they constructed the Droid that way intentionally; marketing to ugly-lovers is nothing new, just look at the success of Bette Midler. :D