1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I'm part of the family!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by miskas, Apr 16, 2012.

1. miskas

miskas Member

Hey guys i just got my transformer prime and i was wondering if you guys could maybe give me some tips,recommend some apps or customizations or even tell me a few special features cause before i had an ipod touch so this is a big step up and i am completely new to android so any help would be appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Welcome to the family!

Android has a lot of awesome apps(most of which are free), try searching for some of your favorites from your iPod you will probably find them or something like them. Also if you use facebook, twitter or google calendar I recommend installing these widgets, they allow you to have all of those apps on your homescreen. Also I would install this launcher, it is a modified version of the stock launcher that allows much more customization and functionality. Also if you are looking for a powerful music player that gives you an equalizer and such try this out, that is only a trial and you will have to pay for the full version but if you listen to a lot of music it is worth it in my opinion. Most of all just try out a lot of apps and keep the ones you like and delete the ones you don't, have fun with your tablet.

3. Treknologist

Treknologist Android Enthusiast

For watching videos, I recommend MX Player. It plays every format available, I think. There hasn't been anything it hasn't played for me. I will also vouch for the Wizz Android Widgets that UrgetoDance recommended. Those are top notch.

If you're looking for some games, here are some I recommend: Blood and Glory, Canabalt HD, Cordy, Dead Space, Heavy Gunner, Hot Pursuit, Guerrilla Bob, R-Type, Sonic CD, Riptide GP, Zen Pinball THD, Shine Runner, and Osmos HD.

4. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

I completely forgot about MX Player. Also I didn't want to get into games lol, too many good ones, but I will throw one in that list above Samurai vs. Zombies.

5. Treknologist

Treknologist Android Enthusiast

Figured I'd recommend some games as well since the OP is new to Android. :)

6. rndmnss

rndmnss Lurker

3 apps that I use quite often are RepliGo Reader, Taptu and SwipePad.

RepliGo - I can highlight and annotate PDF's.
    Taptu - have all my newsfeeds preloaded by wifi before I leave home - along with updates of facebook and twitter.
    SwipePad - jump to my favourite shortcuts/apps, such as tether, from any screen.

7. Lostsorrow

Lostsorrow Guest

if you want to pimp out your tablet use

ADWLauncher EX (I would stay away from nova personally, plus you can have a dock like a mac with ADW) : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.adwfreak.launcher&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm9yZy5hZHdmcmVhay5sYXVuY2hlciJd

combined with multipicture wallpaper on top as your live wallpaper: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.tamanegi.wallpaper.multipicture&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm9yZy50YW1hbmVnaS53YWxscGFwZXIubXVsdGlwaWN0dXJlIl0.

not required but helps put a little more bling on the interface:
    Minimalistic text:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwxLDEsImRlLmRldm1pbC5taW5pbWFsdGV4dCJd
    simple text:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwxLDEsImRlLmRldm1pbC5taW5pbWFsdGV4dCJd
    bob clock (Its nothing more then a really cool looking clock):

Games are a dime a dozen and a whole separate subject in itself.

I have been having really good luck with BS player for videos:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bsplayer.bspandroid.free&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5ic3BsYXllci5ic3BhbmRyb2lkLmZyZWUiXQ..

for music there is always winamp for your mp3s:

iheart radio, tune in radio, pandora are a must. Crackle for movies. IMDB for movie trailers for stuff coming out. Shazam and soundhound for those songs you just dont know. ESfile explorer to make navigating around your tablet so much easier (like windows explorer)

Overskreen is pretty sick for a browser so you can open multiple browsing windows:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myboyfriendisageek.airbrowser&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5teWJveWZyaWVuZGlzYWdlZWsuYWlyYnJvd3NlciJd

Dropbox for moving your files that much easier between your phone, tablet, pc, etc....

Tapatalk pro for posting in forums.

Skype for video chat

and Thumb keyboard to make typing that much easier. You can also go swipe keyboard but i personally prefer thumb keyboard. You will always find a debate about keyboards.

_Lostsorrow

8. KouDy

KouDy Newbie

I joined family too on saturday :).

Taptalk is giving me headache as i am not able to setup following views :
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Edit : Found this setting is possible only on iPad making Taptalk not so good app in my eyes. I will see how it feels in the future...

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews