1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"I'm proud my WMD lies led to war in Iraq"

Discussion in 'Politics and Current Affairs' started by cipher6, Feb 16, 2011.

1. cipher6

cipher6 Android Enthusiast

Advertisement

2. cjr72

cjr72 Android Enthusiast

I never bought into the simplistic Bush Lied meme but I would think a major function of our intelligence agencies is to try to figure out what informants are legit or not. And like I said in another post about Obama, at the end of the day the buck stops with the president.

3. nlsme

nlsme Android Expert

Absolutely not. He just used another persons lies to back his own. He was warned of the authenticity of the claims. He was warned of possible ulterior motives. He accepted this one guys word as the truth. Without any proof.

4. JimmyRayBob

JimmyRayBob Android Enthusiast

I'm glad no one on the other side of the aisle was fooled by this guy :rolleyes:

5. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday

Why do people use :rolleyes:? It's annoying... thats probably the sole purpose.

Anyways, using relativism... if Democrats did not agree to the war, I wonder what they would have been labeled as. I remember having this discussion with my Poli Sci professor.

6. hakr100

hakr100 Android Expert

It's been reported for years that Bush had on his agenda before 9-11 a massive action against Iraq. He and his advisers used the intel to further the agenda, even after they were warned the intel was shaky at best. The simple reason was that Bush wanted revenge for Saddam's plots against his father. 9-11 gave Bush the impetus he needed to proceed, especially since he was unable to nail Osama bin Laden and a war he thought would divert attention away from that failure.

The war against Iraq was built upon trumped-up B.S. by an intellectually dishonest administration that used 9-11 to stoke the flames for war with a country that had nothing to do with the attack.

7. JimmyRayBob

JimmyRayBob Android Enthusiast

People (like me) use it because sarcasm doesn't translate well into the written word. If you hover above the little icon it actually says "Roll Eyes (sarcastic)".

It isn't meant to be annoying - it is meant to emphasize that the point is being made sarcastically.

8. cipher6

cipher6 Android Enthusiast

It wasn't on "bush's agenda," but there was a plan on file for an invasion of Iraq... it was actually writen up while Clinton was in office if I remember correctly. And that is nothing weird. The Government has all kinds of contingency plans on file, just in case. You don't want some global situation to pop up and not have ever thought about what you would do in that situation... Hell there is probably a plan somewhere for how to invade Canada if they ever turn hostile, and I know there are plans for when space aliens land. Its called being prepared.

byteware and EarlyMon like this.
  9. Snow_Fox

Snow_Fox Android Expert

The biggest irony I have seen during the entire situation..

is even if it is PURELY coincidental is how Bush said that one democracy in the middle east will spread.

He gets out of office, troops are being pulled back.

Egypt has a revolution.

Now another country is doing the same.

NOTE: don't jump on me about details.. I really don't care seeing as politics surrounding bush have been "he said, she said" for a long time now.

10. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

No people in those countries are revolting because they are tired of living in poverty while their ruler live in the lap of luxury. Where their kids can hire pop stars to sing at a party for a million a pop.

11. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Android Expert

You mean, invade Canada again? I invite you to read about the War of 1812.

Bob

12. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Android Enthusiast

You mean the war fought with the British before Canada was a country?

oh, and

9/11 was an inside job

13. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

I think robin williams summed up Canada quite well. Its like a loft apartment over a great party.

14. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Android Expert

Yup and Yup

15. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Android Expert

Never been to Canada, but it seems nice. As do the Canadians, they are ok, too.

Bob

16. Potvin63

Potvin63 Member

Does anybody find it both humorous and also suspicious that segments of the U.S. government put so much stock in a source called "Curveball"? I mean with a code name like that did you expect everything he was telling you was the truth?

17. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Considering the cost of this war to America, this asshole should be hauled off to the Camp Dick Cheney, where if the waterboarding doesn't get you, the hunting trip with the camp coordinator will. I guess the only reason we aren't after this guy is because he told the then administration what they wanted to hear.