• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm really not crazy about the "touch" buttons

MisterEd

Android Expert
Apr 15, 2010
Way too sensitive, constantly triggering them. I'd like to see an app that puts in like a 2ms (or adjustable) delay before they respond. With "hard" buttons you actually have to press them (like my MyTouch 3G), with these if you so much as fart 6" from them they trigger.

So far that's my only complaint.

Remember guys/gals... everything takes getting used to. Within a few days you'll not notice any longer. Just think if we started using cell phones back in 1985 and they had these type of touch sensitive buttons and then this year they released a phone with tactile buttons, everyone would be voicing their discontent with how hard it is to press one, why can't they be touch sensitive, any way to adjust them.. etc..

It's all what you become used to.

Upvote 0
I don't really mind the touch buttons but I miss my track ball or pad a bit. In swype you don't have the directional keys

I love the touch keys, but yes, there's been a few times I've typed out an email and/or text and I've reached for a trackball to correct a spelling mistake. The arrows on the keyboard help, but still take some getting used to.

Not complaining at all, love this phone and all I can do with it. Just a slight adjustment to my (used to be) normal usage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones