1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root I'm rooted...Can I safely uninstall this QIK bloatware??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scudder, May 10, 2011.

1. scudder

scudder Android Expert
    None

May 21, 2010
    Male
    Ex-attorney ("retired" at 27)...
    State of Confusion (FL too)
    Hello...

I had a bookmark to a thread either here or at XDA answering my question but can't find it right now so I apologize for the probably asked-and-answered question :(

I'm a bit tight on space and would REALLY like to just get rid of this bloatware Sprint crAPP Qik with its 12+MB size!! I don't use, I don't want...I don't think I do??

I have read in the past and have adhered to suggestions to merely FREEZE system apps like Qik but, like I said, I'd LOVE to get rid of this one. I'm rooted and have a nandroid backup should I run into problems but was wondering what the repercussions are if I DO uninstall Qik?? Is it NEEDED for anything in particular?? For anything ESSENTIAL?? I have other video players like DoubleTwist or MoboPlayer or the like. Just wondering if this Qik is tied into any other functions on my phone??

ALSO, if anyone has a link that I seem to have misplaced listing apps "safe" to uninstall/freeze kindly post that link...THANKS!!

Advertisement

2. cyaiphone

cyaiphone Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    uninstall using titanium back up. will not mess anything up. I have had quik in a very long time.

scudder likes this.
  3. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    Tech support rep for Knology
    so dak
    id make a backup of it via TiB first (just cuz im paranoid lol)

Tags: