• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm sad :( Lost my Nexus

@Roze - I can understand how it feels to lose Nexus one! I lost mine 10 days after using it. :(
I went back to my old Nokia phone and had lost all hopes of ever finding it. Surprisingly a guy came after a week and returned it to me. It was slightly damaged but I was able to send it back to HTC and get a replacement after a fixed charge.

Oh Lucky you! Did you buy the guy a drink, lol. Good man between. Since noone has called about returning it...I'm thinking it's at bf's...actually I'm freverently praying that it's at bf's.

Upvote 0
Roze,

I didn't post at the start but I was dismayed to hear you'd lost your Nexus.
I'm going to be optimistic and say you've "misplaced" it - when is b/f back? And when can you get back on the premises? We need one of those ticker thingys!

I really hope it's there for you :)

Regards,
Soupy (Turkey variety cos I'm a Brit and it's just after xmas!)

I hope to dear god and who else from above that I have misplaced my phone!!! BF is back on the 5th but I won't see him until the 7th.

*agh* I think I need an app to track the phone when it's dead :< Damn short battery life!

Just finished talking with my carrier's CSR and it seems that the last time that 309kb of data was transfered on the 19th at 12:24AM. I'm thinking this was the time my phone died. Now what's interesting was that there was a 2 minute phone call at 2:37pm that day. I lost my phone on the 18th at 9:45pm (confirmed last text received from friend). Why do I feel a FML moment >_>;;

Upvote 0
they should know what number was called. not exactly sure what that would tell you...

Oh! That's an interesting point! Will call the CSR again tomorrow about getting the number. I didn't think of it when I was talking to her. And then I can call that person and be as sweet as hell on the phone, ask if they remember anyone calling them on the 19th at that time and ask them to tell their friend to 'return the phone' to me with cherry on top. Do you think that will work? :<

Upvote 0
I know it's a long-shot.. but you didn't by any chance have Mobile Defense installed on it did you?

From what I understand, you can contact them and they will run a trace to try and get its location the next time it is powered on. Other "LoJack" apps might be willing to do the same?

I am so sorry :'( I don't know what I would do :X

Upvote 0
Oh! That's an interesting point! Will call the CSR again tomorrow about getting the number. I didn't think of it when I was talking to her. And then I can call that person and be as sweet as hell on the phone, ask if they remember anyone calling them on the 19th at that time and ask them to tell their friend to 'return the phone' to me with cherry on top. Do you think that will work? :<

Do you not have online billing so you can look up stuff like this easily?

I do, but I cannot access the unbill information online, I can only call in and ask for the info from the CRS, lol.

I know it's a long-shot.. but you didn't by any chance have Mobile Defense installed on it did you?

From what I understand, you can contact them and they will run a trace to try and get its location the next time it is powered on. Other "LoJack" apps might be willing to do the same?

I am so sorry :'( I don't know what I would do :X

I have Lookout and where's my droid but I think my account on the phone is useless now, lol. The sim card is deactivated as I need the number ported to a new one for the BB and I changed the password to my gmail account that's associated with the phone.

So I called the CRS to see if I can get them to tell me more about the call on the 19th. It seems like it was an incoming call and not outgoing from my phone. So that is somewhat good news...it means that it can still be lost @ the bf's

Upvote 0
Oh ok that's good news!

I would still try the "LoJack" app... I read that supposedly mobile defense would embed itself in the system memory so would still allow the company to track it without the sim card.. I don't know how true this is. Ill keep my fingers crossed that you find it at your bfs.

It just saddens me that one of us is without our Nexus. :( I feel your pain!

Upvote 0
In future, root and push a security app to /system/app so it will remain after a hard reset. Go on Roze, you know you want too ;)

That might be the most incentive thing for me when I get my next Android phone if I don't find my Nexus that is :( God...I hate saving money for a new phone :/

So describe to me how this work, Rusty :)

Upvote 0
It's dead simple really. A wipe/factory reset only blanks /data, so anything on /system is left (as it's where the stuff the phone needs to run is kept), by putting the security .apk there, it's safe 'til another ROM is loaded (possibly removed with an OTA).

All you have to do is use ADB to push the .apk to /system/app, use busybox to copy it there or have someone knock up an update.zip to install via recovery.

Upvote 0
Today's the 7th. You find that phone yet?

Yeah rose we've all been hoping that its still at your boyfriends...

He's been cleaning up his place since he came back and looking for the phone but nothing :( I'll drop by his place tonight and do a toothpick style cleaning, lol. If it doesn't show up...it means I'm stuck with the BB for a good half year :/ X-mas left be broke and squandle...so I need to refill my piggy bank...and that's a slow slow process >_<

I can renew my contract in Feb and get a subsidized phone...i really don't want to :( *sigh* I was thinking of getting the 16gb iPhone4 *faints* as I think it's the best phone for your buck on the buyer-to-buyer market. It'll cost me $200 with tax and if I can sell it for $500-600 I can use that money to buy myself an Android phone.

Upvote 0
He's been cleaning up his place since he came back and looking for the phone but nothing :( I'll drop by his place tonight and do a toothpick style cleaning, lol. If it doesn't show up...it means I'm stuck with the BB for a good half year :/ X-mas left be broke and squandle...so I need to refill my piggy bank...and that's a slow slow process >_<

I can renew my contract in Feb and get a subsidized phone...i really don't want to :( *sigh* I was thinking of getting the 16gb iPhone4 *faints* as I think it's the best phone for your buck on the buyer-to-buyer market. It'll cost me $200 with tax and if I can sell it for $500-600 I can use that money to buy myself an Android phone.

$200 with contract right? Don't forget to calculate the early termination fee unless you want to stay on the contract.

Oh, and floss cleans better than toothpick. :D

Upvote 0
So, Nexus One wasn't at my boyfriend's place :( Well, he came out with a cleaner room from my search though, lol. I do have some good news, I was able to guess what my bf got me for xmas that is being delivered. I will be a proud owner of a Nexus S by the end of the week :)

I have the sweetest bf ever! He sold his manga collection to buy me the phone for Xmas/Bday. He knew how sad I was and he couldn't think of a better gift that I would have loved and would have made me THIS happy. <3

I can't wait to say 'bye bye bye' to the BB!!!!

First thing I'm going to do when I get the NS is to root it and follow Rusty's advice of putting a tracking app on the system partition!

Just want to thank you guys/gals for 'listening' to my rant and being so understanding. You all understood that losing the Nexus was more than losing 'a phone' as my family put it. It was losing a part of me since I kept everything on it.

Cheers,
-Roze-

P.S. not to fear, I'll continue haunting the Nexus One forum ;)

Upvote 0
So, Nexus One wasn't at my boyfriend's place :( Well, he came out with a cleaner room from my search though, lol. I do have some good news, I was able to guess what my bf got me for xmas that is being delivered. I will be a proud owner of a Nexus S by the end of the week :)

I have the sweetest bf ever! He sold his manga collection to buy me the phone for Xmas/Bday. He knew how sad I was and he couldn't think of a better gift that I would have loved and would have made me THIS happy. <3

I can't wait to say 'bye bye bye' to the BB!!!!

First thing I'm going to do when I get the NS is to root it and follow Rusty's advice of putting a tracking app on the system partition!

Outstanding. You, of course, are now expected to give us a full and unbiased review of the S immediately AFTER you properly secure it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones