• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm SOOO Sick of Asurion!

When I was waiting for my replacement (before the X was released), they told me their was no comparable.

I asked them about the Eris and the X, and they said that the Eris was not considered a comparable, but a downgrade. They also said the X wasn't released so I'd have to wait (even though I would not take it over the Inc).

So it all depends on who you talk to.

Upvote 0
You thought you could get a better phone and failed.

LOL. You think the X is a better phone? Did you actually READ my OP? I see the screen size as a DOWNGRADE. It is a HUGE negative for me. The sheer size of the X is horrible. Aside from the fact it's a Motorolla and I hate Motorolla. The ONLY reason why I wanted it instead is b/c I truly didn't see the Incredible coming back in anytime soon (as in by the end of August) and I can't wait that long. I'm in and out of the country often through the summer and need a Smartphone not my Dare. I used my wife's Incredible last week when I went to Canada but she needs her phone as well. It's not a luxury for us, it's a necessity otherwise we'd both still be toting around our dumb phones and saving $60 per month.

X was acceptable as a replacement for the Incredible, Eris was not.

So YOU are the one missing the point. I've had Asurion almost 4 years without ONE claim. I don't expect them to produce a phone that they don't have, simply produce a phone that is available when I do call. That simple. It's moot at this point. My phone will be in hand this time tomorrow. They've lost a customer. Sorry if you own stock in the company or are an employee or whatever they've done to earn your business. They've lost mine.

Upvote 0
I just called Asurion again. It took me getting through 2 supervisors and AMAZINGLY they have one in and can ship it to me by Tuesday. That is ridiculous. Thanks, hopefully this will be the end of it.

THIS is why they've lost my business . . . don't you think it's ridiculous to make a customer that has been a LOYAL customer for as long as I have and NEVER had a claim go through TWO supervisors before "finding" an Incredible that they can send me? Come on.

Aside from the fact that they put me on hold 35 minutes and hung up on me. Bad customer service. Bad company.

Upvote 0
Your emotion does nothing to change the fact that you were being unreasonable to expect an X in exchange for your incred. I waited 2 weeks for my replacement from asurion and it was brand new. They fulfilled their end of the bargain. Not sure why you think they would have a magical stock that no one else does, or that a check cut from your home owners insurance would get you a phone any faster.

Some people just can't be satisfied, and I suspect you are one of them.

If you are paying for a monthly insurance, and need to use it, then they tell you they are out of stock without knowing when they will be back in stock...come on.

Thats not going to make anyone satisfied. I would have done the same thing. I don't pay for insurance to be out of a phone for two weeks. Its nice that you have such freedom, but I do not.

The OP was perfectly within their right to ask for a comparable replacement if they could not fulfill their end of the bargain and replace the original phone with the same.

Offering an Eris is an insult.

Upvote 0
You missed the point completely. You think you can walk into a verizon store and buy a phone? LOL

And you're right, no point really in arguing this any further. You thought you could get a better phone and failed. You are getting what they promised and that is what matters. Congrats.

Honestly, you seem to be missing the point. Asurion policy dictates that if the phone in question is not available, a comparable phone could sent to the customer. That is doing what they promised. Also; if you knew anything about the current state of the Incredible, you would know of the long backorders and the waiting that occurs just for a phone, so the OP is right to suggest an alternative, as he could be waiting a month or so, with an LG Dare, for a replacement Incredible to arrive.

Spending the money on the Incredible and getting the Eris is a fluke, considering the cost of their insurance and even the deductibles.

Upvote 0
LOL. You think the X is a better phone? Did you actually READ my OP? I see the screen size as a DOWNGRADE. It is a HUGE negative for me. The sheer size of the X is horrible.
X was acceptable as a replacement for the Incredible, Eris was not.

So YOU are the one missing the point. I've had Asurion almost 4 years without ONE claim. I don't expect them to produce a phone that they don't have, simply produce a phone that is available when I do call. That simple. It's moot at this point. My phone will be in hand this time tomorrow. They've lost a customer. Sorry if you own stock in the company or are an employee or whatever they've done to earn your business. They've lost mine.

Agreed, X is a downgrade.

But why did they lose a customer if they are going to have your phone in hand tomorrow when everyone else who ordered an Incredible after they sold out had to wait patiently for a month?

Sounds like damn good CS to me.

Upvote 0
damn I hate people who play the seniority card. "I've been a loyal customer for x years" means squat. You pay for a service... you receive said service. If the Inc was out, then it was out. If you get in a car crash, do you demand that your insurance carrier provide you a better model car just because you've -presumably- been paying premiums for YEARS and never had a single claim? Pft. Someone needs a dose of reality.

You say the X was a downgrade just because of the screen size. Well, from a specs standpoint it is an upgrade- hotspot, mechanical camera, HD video, HDMI out, 8GB onboard with a 16GB SD card installed... the list goes on. For all rights, the Eris is the most comparable model because you're only sacrificing a few things instead of gaining a lot.

Bottomline- you got your Inc shipped. Be happy with what you got. There are plenty of people who have gone thru Asurion and been 100% satisfied. Because of the supply issues with the Inc, your case was an exception instead of the norm. Just because the options you were given weren't satisfactory to you, doesn't mean you didn't have a choice in the matter.

Reactions: JustinHEMI
Upvote 0
Agreed, X is a downgrade.

But why did they lose a customer if they are going to have your phone in hand tomorrow when everyone else who ordered an Incredible after they sold out had to wait patiently for a month?

Sounds like damn good CS to me.

The way I was treated and talked to, being hung up on and forcing me to talk to two different supervisors to get a phone that they clearly had in stock. Those are unacceptable issues to me. Look, if a CSR (1st line) agent says, "no Incredibles are in stock and there are no other replacements but and Eris for your phone" and you ask to speak to their supervisor. When you get that supervisor on the phone and they are clearly aggravated to talk to you and look and say, the CSR was right, there are no other Incredibles in stock now and the ship date at this time is unknown and you ask to speak to their supervisor. When that supervisor comes on the line and after explaining my frustration for 10 minutes suddenly "finds" an Incredible to ship me, what would you think? I think it's bad customer service. If the phone was in, they were supposed to call me, not make me call back repeatedly and get frustrated. THAT is what they told me that they would do. Apparently a poster above made a claim AFTER I did and got his phone BEFORE I did. If I'd waited for them to contact me, I'd still be waiting.

Upvote 0
You say the X was a downgrade just because of the screen size. Well, from a specs standpoint it is an upgrade- hotspot, mechanical camera, HD video, HDMI out, 8GB onboard with a 16GB SD card installed... the list goes on. For all rights, the Eris is the most comparable model because you're only sacrificing a few things instead of gaining a lot.

That doesn't mean much. Who uses HDMI out with a PHONE. lol.

Inc has 8 gig on board. a GB SD card can always be purchased.

AMOLED screen. Smaller (more realistic in the real world of traveling).

Trackball, better UI, faster (moto blur is crap).. the list goes on.

They have their pros and cons, but to consider the X an upgrade is ignorant.

Upvote 0
damn I hate people who play the seniority card. "I've been a loyal customer for x years" means squat. You pay for a service... you receive said service. If the Inc was out, then it was out. If you get in a car crash, do you demand that your insurance carrier provide you a better model car just because you've -presumably- been paying premiums for YEARS and never had a single claim? Pft. Someone needs a dose of reality.

Horrible analogy. Cars LOSE VALUE immediately which is why I buy gap insurance before I pull off of a car lot with a new car. There is no "gap" insurance for my phone. There's your dose of reality. Look, I'm not going to convince you that Asurion sucks, you're not going to convince me that it does not suck. Good luck using them to replace your Incredible in a timely manner, me, I'm going to use other insurance providers.

Upvote 0
The way I was treated and talked to, being hung up on and forcing me to talk to two different supervisors to get a phone that they clearly had in stock. Those are unacceptable issues to me. Look, if a CSR (1st line) agent says, "no Incredibles are in stock and there are no other replacements but and Eris for your phone" and you ask to speak to their supervisor. When you get that supervisor on the phone and they are clearly aggravated to talk to you and look and say, the CSR was right, there are no other Incredibles in stock now and the ship date at this time is unknown and you ask to speak to their supervisor. When that supervisor comes on the line and after explaining my frustration for 10 minutes suddenly "finds" an Incredible to ship me, what would you think? I think it's bad customer service. If the phone was in, they were supposed to call me, not make me call back repeatedly and get frustrated. THAT is what they told me that they would do. Apparently a poster above made a claim AFTER I did and got his phone BEFORE I did. If I'd waited for them to contact me, I'd still be waiting.

I completely understand your frustration. Being hung up on is totally unacceptable.

However, I don't think they lied to you.

I've been waiting for 2 weeks for Incredible to come off back order and I just received notice yesterday that they got them in. Mine is arriving tomorrow too.

It could be just a huge coincidence that they just got them in yesterday after being out for so long - so it makes it sound like they lied to you.

Upvote 0

Bottomline- you got your Inc shipped. Be happy with what you got. There are plenty of people who have gone thru Asurion and been 100% satisfied. Because of the supply issues with the Inc, your case was an exception instead of the norm. Just because the options you were given weren't satisfactory to you, doesn't mean you didn't have a choice in the matter.

Would you pay for phone insurance if you knew ahead of time that your replacement would be some broke down POS thats worth half that the original phone was, and performs that much worse? Not to mentioned phased out, which means accessories are going the way side and manufacturer software support is waning?

Seriously?

I wouldn't.

Upvote 0
As I'd posted before my screen broke on my Incredible and I contacted Asurion to get a replacement. Of course they are out of stock BUT I asked to get the Droid X instead of waiting for the Incredible since there is not even a date they can give me when they will get them back in. They refused and said I could get an Eris but not an X because it is NOT a comparable model it would be an UPGRADE. I laughed and asked her how that is possible. They have the same OS, the same processor, almost EVERYTHING is the same except for the screen size which is actually a negative for me. She said that the X is not even on the list from Verizon and that Verizon will likely NOT put it on a list for replacement for at least 2 months. She offered me to take the Eris again and again I refused. I asked who I needed to call at Verizon to get it put on that list she said there is no one to call. All I could do is take an Eris and they'd close my claim. Again I refused and she hung up after telling me my claim will remain open until I get an Incredible.

I then contacted Verizon and talked to a CSR who was shocked to hear that Asurion was out of stock of the Incredible since the back order is only on new phones and Asurion should have plenty of refurbished models. She contacted them for me and found out they are actually out but she said there is no reason why they should not be able to replace my phone with the X it IS a comparable model to the Incredible. She put me on hold again, and AGAIN they refused to send me an X saying it was an upgrade. I asked her why and she said it is because they were brand new (release date) and that it will take a while for them to get some in that were not working properly and refurbish them. I asked to talk to who she was talking to and she put me through. Same story again. I asked to talk to a supervisor who was CLEARLY aggravated that I wanted to talk to her. She said the same thing when I asked to talk to he supervisor she said OK, put me on hold for 35 minutes THEN after waiting 35 minutes . . . she picked up the phone and HUNG UP ON ME!

I am now using my Dare and I have to say I HATE IT. I have no other recourse that I can tell. Anyone know anything I can do?

I have had an amazing experience with asurion, i dropped my incredible and i just called an hour ago, they wanted to give me a refurb incredible, i asked if they could give me an incredible 2 and she put me on hold and told me she could. I will get my brand new droid incredible 2 by tuesday.

So..... I got the phone that i was going to have to wait until january when i have an upgrade to get for $200 less

Upvote 0
attachment.php

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones