1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

I'm starting to think I've made a terrible mistake...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by f2x, Aug 2, 2013.

1. f2x

f2x Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2013
    Manufacturing
    Ohio
    So without further ado, I'm here.

I was using a Pantech feature phone since 2007. It was my second cell phone. The first one I had was some flop-phone from Sprint that dropped calls standing in clear view of the tower. I canceled that one after a month and moved to an AT&T GoPhone. (Don't judge me.)

Years later and after months of weighing the options, I finally got my first Android phone... Quickly rooted it, and installed Cyanogenmod.

I'm such a monster. I never even gave it a chance to show me what it could do with its stock ROM.

Of course I had a little prior experience with Android because I bought a B&N Nook about a year and a half ago. It took me all of 2 months putting up with their curated apps and castrated Gingerbread before I decided to liberate the poor thing. I'm happy to report that it's still plugging away running Jellybean. I think it's happier for it now. I know I sure was.

But back to the new phone. I had to dig down deep to the bottom of the barrel to find this little guy. I'm still trying to figure out how to pronounce Huawei, and I still can't spell it without looking it up.

The thing is, I pay AT&T $100 for 1000 minutes, and that lasts me a year. I know that some people use that many minutes in a weekend, but I'm a modest little man with much to be modest about, so 1000 minutes go a long way with me. The downside? No data plan for smart phones unless you wanted to pay $30 a month (+tax), and that would only get you 50MB. Nope... I've got enough monthly bills to pay.

So my dependence on the Android tablet was getting to me. Always lugging that thing around... Didn't have a camera or GPS... OK... So I was talking myself into a new phone. Needless to say, I'm cheap. So I got the AT&T Fusion 2. Not only was it cheap, but clearly, people on the internet have rooted it and installed Cyanogenmod. If I break it, who cares? It's cheap.

Well, it may be cheap, but it works. The instructions in this forum worked, although I wanted to pull out what's left of my hair during most of it. It's now running CM10.1 JB, and you'd think that'd be the end of it...

Well, actually it is.

But there's a few quirks I'm still trying to figure out, and if I can't... I'll be sure to post it in the appropriate area, and eagerly await an informed response as to why I threw my phone out of my car window in a fit of rage.

Cheers!

Advertisement

2. general eclect

general eclect Android Expert
    None

Apr 10, 2013
    Male
    downunder
    G'day f2x, welcome to Android Forums. Good to have you here, you obviously know how to navigate the site, so I won't waste your time telling you where to find stuff. Be sure to pop into the lounge occasionally for a chat or even spend some time with the forum games. The more the merrier. Hope to see more of you.

g.e.

dustwun77 and f2x like this.