• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm still getting a beep even after I blocked the phone #, whats the point of blocking then ?

D

Deleted User

So I'm getting a telemarketing call so I went ahead and blocked it. So now the phone doesn't ring anymore but I still get a beep saying that this number got blocked and it shows the number being blocked at the top. Whats the effing point of the number being blocked if I'm still getting a notification and a beep ? I looked through the settings and I don't think I can stop this from happening is that correct ? it's just so annoying.

Upvote 0
Galaxy 9 not rooted, latest Android version.
"Latest version" varies by device and even by carrier. So it's better to say what the version is, since many people won't know from this answer which version you mean (indeed if some carriers are on different versions, which does happen, nobody will know since we don't know who your carrier is).

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones