• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm Stupid-Rogers Magic 2.1 help

murray42

Lurker
Feb 8, 2010
So folks, I'm a moron and neglected to make a nandroid backup. I am running Rogers 2.1 update. I rooted (don't remember how) still run 6.35 radio and am on perfect spl. The Magic is my backup phone, I prefer my Dream running CM 6.1 2708 radio, so I was going to basically turn the Magic into a tablet for the babysitter, the missing SIM alert was getting annoying so I followed a thread somewhere, again I a moron and forgot to bookmark, and deleted Phone.apk. I have many excuses as to why I am so stupid so please don't lecture, normally I am smart but am sleep deprived now. Can Anyone direct me on how to recover Phone.apk from the 2.1 update?

I got it to copy now, had to remount partition RW, but now is stuck in airplane mode even after 2 reboots. Can bring up dialer but won't send call. When I hold power button to bring shutdown menu, rhw Airplane mode is greyed out and marked as On and when I go to Setting Wireless & NBetworks, I get FC "The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones