• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm thinking about getting a Droid X

you should hurry up and return it because all the new phones are gonna come out soon..

I don't want to return it. My contract isn't up until next year I paid retail.
I'm assuming the new phones will cost more retail judging by the iPhone retail price.
If I'm wrong, oh well. I'll save my last NE2 for the latest and greatest next year.

so you can post your own pic now.

No need. It doesn't leave nearly as much room as I hoped, but at least with better keyboard I can set it to not show full screen in landscape. That gives me the ability to see a bit better.

Upvote 0
i am having deja-vu.....could have sworn i saw this exact post, but with pics posted yesterday.

oh and why the obsession with landscape. the DX screen is big enough to type on in portrait for me, leaving a nice size screen to see whats going on in the document. and i have fat thumbs.

Different forum. I posted on both to get help.
I don't like typing in portrait.

OP: Do you use Swype?

Coming from a BB Storm I liked landscape because the Storm was very comfortable to type that way. I have converted to portrait with the X using Swype.

I don't use swype, don't like that either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones