• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Im Waiting and I know its coming.

harsaphes

Mar 3, 2009
Two things i know for sure.
Google has the Passion in its hands.
Im holding out for the release.

Right now I am using a Mytouch...I like it, but the screen is way to small, for me.
I checked out the droid and really it didnt blow me away, AND I dont want/need a keyboard.

We are already in December..so if we all figure its a holiday or right after release than I say wait. We are talking three months tops. I am guessing that and i dont have any real information about release.

I have begged for more information from my sources, but everyone is being tight lipped..except for the FACT they have it and its coming out....and my source is top level, not stock room.

The only reason I got the Moto Droid, was so that I didn't have to deal with my 6th P.O.S. Storm.

My plan is to wait until the Passion does officially surface, Upgrade to a Family Share Plan of some sort, then swap the Moto Droid to the additional line, and throw the Passion onto the plan as my primary phone. Going to give my girl my Moto Droid, I'm guessing early next year some time.
She currently has a junk alltel slider phone.
She absolutely loves having a virtual keyboard.

harsaphes,
I am going to agree with your guess about the wait on the Passion/Dragon being 3 months tops.

I imagine there is alot of LEGAL Trouble along with Termination that would occur if one were to get caught leaking some info/photos etc. prematurely.
I myself would not want to be on the receiving end of that kind of situation.

I myself probably wouldn't be able to stop asking my inside source to squeal like a pig...That is, IF I had one.

What can you mention as far as their positions etc?

Below is the ONLY photo so far I have faith in.

Photo seen here:
http://theunlockr.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/HTC-Android-Phone-3-TheUnlockr.com.jpg

Upvote 0
I figured that I'll wait until March at the latest. If I do opt for the Droid, it's going to be cheaper after Christmas.

I used to insist on always swapping tech to have brags about having the latest greatest. It was nice for a whi8le, but kept me constantly busy and spending money.

It's just a phone, folks....but, I'll admit that his Passion is desirable :D. Based on the specs, it has the power and functionality that I think will best suit my needs for a while.

Upvote 0
I figured that I'll wait until March at the latest. If I do opt for the Droid, it's going to be cheaper after Christmas.

I used to insist on always swapping tech to have brags about having the latest greatest. It was nice for a whi8le, but kept me constantly busy and spending money.

It's just a phone, folks....but, I'll admit that his Passion is desirable :D. Based on the specs, it has the power and functionality that I think will best suit my needs for a while.

I'm in the same boat. I do like the Droid but it reminds me of the early "brick" cell phones. It just seemed clunky when I handled it and I really don't need the hard keyboard. I'll give HTC until March.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones