1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Image purchase album

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Jo Strait, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Jo Strait

Jo Strait Lurker

Why does my phone keep creating an "image purchase album" in my gallery? I have not purchased anything!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

I have to wonder if you have an app or account to an image library (like Getty) that allows people to purchase a license to use images. The Gallery would then create a folder based on its understanding that you may purchase images - and that's where they would go. Go to the phone's Settings - Accounts and see if you have something there that could compel the Gallery to create the folder. Then delete the folder if you like.

3. Jo Strait

Jo Strait Lurker

I didn't see anything

Attached Files:

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

That's weird... what phone do you have? And have you asked this question in that device's forum?

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  5. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Per your screenshot, it's actually creating...something...named IMG_PURCHASE. Where it is, and what it is, are not clear to me, although you're calling it an album.

When you say that it's in your 'gallery,' what exactly do you mean? Are you seeing it only when using a specific gallery app? If so, what app is it?

Have you used a file manager to actually locate where IMG_PURCHASE resides? Knowing its actual location could very well provide an answer.

6. Jo Strait

Jo Strait Lurker

Attached Files: