1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Images change to links in forwarded emails

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Learner1, May 11, 2016.

1. Learner1

Learner1 Lurker
    None

May 11, 2016
    Hi

When I use the default email app on my Samsung Galaxy S5 and I forward an email with an image (the image is not an attachment) the recipient of the email will get a link to the image rather than the image itself.

For example, if I receive an email from Old Navy with a sweater in the body of the email, I can see the sweater as soon as I allow the email to display images. If I forward this email on my Galaxy S5, the recipient will get a very long link that will take them to the same image of the sweater. The email they receive from me will not have the option to display images.

If I forwarded the same Old Navy email via Gmail, Windows Live Mail or the mail app on my iPad this problem does not happen. The recipient receives the email in its original format and the sweater image is visible as soon as show images is selected on the email.

If anyone knows the steps to correct this problem on my Galaxy S5 default email app, your help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    That sounds rather undesirable indeed. Could be something the stock default Samsung email app is doing. Try another third-party email app instead. I use QQ Email on my phone, and it definitely doesn't do what you're describing with the Samsung email, all my attachments stay attached.