1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Images display in Gallery, but where are the files? No, really. . .

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by krietor, Apr 23, 2012.

1. krietor

krietor Lurker

Hi. i have a Droid Incredible and i'm running cyanogenMod 7.1 - the recent stable version. I vaguely remember storing like 138 images on the SD card. They weren't taken with the camera in the phone, but they are my images. Those images appear in the Gallery. However, now I've decided to delete them, and I can't find the actual files. I've looked on the onboard drive, and on the SD card. The gallery tells me that the TITLE of one picture is "100_0178.JPG" . There is no file by that name. Also there doesn't appear to be any text including that name in the entire SD card! I want to delete the photos, but now it's more of a challenge, to "get to the bottom of this" - Clue: I've tried taking the SD card out of the dinc and the pictures are still appearing in the Gallery. They are large, zoomable pics. They must be in the system folders somewhere.
    Any ideas? Seriously. Where to look? I used the Disk Usage Analyzer in Ubuntu, and there isn't any place for them to hide that I can see on the internal memory.
    Will I have to wipe the phone just to get rid of them?
    ---another clue: When I deleted the gallery cache inside a cooliris folder, the gallery rebuilt the the thumbnails for the pics in question . . . .
    WHY ARE THESE PICS SO HARD TO FIND? Geez. Why doesn't Gallery tell me the filename? Is there another place on the phone where these are stored, and I can't access it from the computer because it isn't mounted?
    Thanks for your help!
    Terry of Astoria

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled

3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

I would try looking in /system/media, /data/local, and /data/lost+found

4. krietor

krietor Lurker

Thanks for the tips. I'll try.