• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Images from sdcard

jelly

Lurker
Jan 15, 2010
Ok I have been trying to figure this out for a while. I have an application that needs to read images from a folder created by the application on the sdcard. I have no idea what the names of the files are because the user specifies the names of the files. I need to read the images from the folder and make something like the default image viewer, where you can share them delete them and things like that. Im thinking read them into a grid view first but 1) cant figure out how to dynamically read them from a folder 2) how would I implement the image options like the default viewer? If there was a way to open the default viewer on a certain folder that would help.
Anyways any input would be amazing been working on it for a while.
Thanks

newly created files not accessible on SD card?

1) try SDReScan from the market. anytime i move new data to the SD card via wifi, i need to rescan the SD card to make them available. perhaps, this might help you as well.

2) im less certain regarding configuring a default image viewer. i found that if multiple apps can load a particular file/process, an initial popup will load asking what app you want to use with a checkbox asking if the user wants to use it as default

HTC Aria

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones