• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Images in SMS come as video's

Land0

Lurker
Aug 24, 2012
This is the 1 thing bugging me about my S3!!! Other than this i love the phone.

I tried to use an app for sms but find it conflicts with different phone types, and also i just do NOT want to use an app for my sms.

Every time my gf sends me a pic :D or friends etc it shows up as a small image in a 6 second video. Very annoying, and very hard to see.

Is there a fix for this that doesnt involve using an annoying app?

Common samsung why cant you make a stock texting app that works. I had phones in the late 90s that could recieve images. jees

I've tried using smsGo and had issues. Sometimes people wouldn't reieve my texts at all. Other gs3 users would get multiple texts from me with every send. It's very annoying.

By far the most annoying thing about my GS3. Came from an iphone as well and this seems SO ridiculous. I recieve pics from my friends and gf ALL THE TIME and this is a very annoying issue for me.

Its almost bad enough that i will go back to an iphone and my next switch if it isn't addressed.

I know it seems miniscule but when you recieve 2 or 3 pictures a day that you can't view in a large format, or save to you gallery it is QUITE annoying.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones