• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Images resizing on download

redneon

Lurker
May 7, 2010
This is a really weird issue. I'm trying to download images from DeviantArt to use for wallpapers and the like on my HTC Desire but they seem to be quality controlled on the download.

For example, if I download an image on PC which is 700k and then download the same image on my phone it comes in at 80k and there's noticable artifacts.

I've tried two browsers (the default one and SkyFire) and it's doing the same thing in both.

Any ideas?

In DeviantArt, I click "Download" and then it brings up the image. I hold my thumb on the image and select "Save Image" when the menu appears.

I would point out that when the web browser brings up the image, it seems to be suffering from artifacts. Interestingly enough, if I pinch to zoom into the image there's a lot of aliasing until I release my fingers, at which point it gets anti-aliased and there's artifacts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones