1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support IMAP Account - cannot sync mail using regular mail app on sensation

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by netkid12, Jun 27, 2011.

1. netkid12

netkid12 Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    Hi, I cannot get my sent mail to sync with the imap server when I send an email from my htc phone. Is this a problem? I am using the regular mail application since this is not a gmail account. This was working fine on other non android phones but for some reason it is not working with this android device. I have seen numerous discussions on the web which are quite dated that mention this issue but I would think with the new gingerbread software this would be fixed. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thx

Advertisement

2. colnago

colnago Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009

My work account is IMAP, and I was not able to get it to work on my Defy with the stock MotoBlur client. I had to use K-9 mail, as the Blur client was missing a security setting.

However with the stock Sense client, I had no problem getting the IMAP account to register/sync. Ypu may want to try alternate security authentication and/or port settings. I had use different ports than what was instructed by tech.support. Also, the "username" may have to be the actual email address, instead of a "login name" (e.g. John.Smith).

3. netkid12

netkid12 Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    Hi Colnago, thx for reply. can you confirm that when you send an email from your phone the mail gets filed in the sent items folder and that folder gets synched with the mail server. so if you login via webmail to the account you will actually see the email in the sent mail folder in webmail or on your client. The mail is being sent but i see it being filed in the local sent mail folder which is not getting synced with the server. thx

4. colnago

colnago Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Sorry, I don't check mail online so I wouldn't know...I mainly use client's system. However do you have the "Sent" folder checked as one of the folders to synch, under the send and receive settings?