• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IMAP Client Doesn't Delete Messages

I am new to the Android platform, getting my Droid X yesterday. I had no trouble setting up four mailboxes, and am sending and receiving mail seamlessly.

There is one bizarre thing: if I read a message on my phone, the IMAP client sets the flag on the server as 'read', but if I delete the message on the Droid it is left on the server (and all my other IMAP clients.) Has anyone noticed this? I can't find a setting that would effect this behavior.

Oh, I update my mail every 15 minutes, but the problem persists even after a manual refresh.

I have had the same problem since the first day I got the Droid X (I got it on launch day). I have called Verizon several times and have ended up creating a case with Motorola. They were complete **bleep** and of no help. Their number is 800-734-5870 if you want to try. I simply gave up because I don't have time to fight this problem anymore and attempted to move on. I have used MailDroid Pro for the most part even though right now that isn't working anymore either. I am probably going to just wait until I am due to get the iPhone and just replace this phone. Very disappointing. Otherwise, I think the phone has been great!

Let me know if anyone gets through to Motorola to get this corrected.
Jason

I am new to the Android platform, getting my Droid X yesterday. I had no trouble setting up four mailboxes, and am sending and receiving mail seamlessly.

There is one bizarre thing: if I read a message on my phone, the IMAP client sets the flag on the server as 'read', but if I delete the message on the Droid it is left on the server (and all my other IMAP clients.) Has anyone noticed this? I can't find a setting that would effect this behavior.

Oh, I update my mail every 15 minutes, but the problem persists even after a manual refresh.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones