• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help IMAP Email account disappears every couple of days.

dandroid11

Mar 26, 2011
I have an issue with my IMAP account, it disappears totally from the phone every couple of days.
I have to reconfigure it from scratch.

My Exchange Email account is fine all the time.

I have seen several posts with this issue on the S3 all over the web but there isnt any one that has a solution.

Hopefully it gets solved quicker than the "Email Stuck in Outbox" issue thats been with 4.0.3 for over 6 months.

Google dont seem to be in any hurry to issue updates. There should be core updates independent of the provider for these types of issues.

Same here, just started losing my 2 IMAP accounts, exchange is fine, something updated and don't know what it messed up....

very annoying..
I have the same issue. I did two on on-line chats with Samsung. The first time the suggestion was just a reboot - remove and reinstall the battery. The second time we tried a factory reset. I had to completely reinstall all of my apps and still no joy. As others report, my exchange account persists but my IMAP accounts disappear within several hours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones