• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help IMAP email on 2.2

Turtle59

Lurker
Apr 29, 2011
UK
Hi all, I'm new here and hoping somebody can help me out.

I am on my 2nd Galaxy S which until yesterday was running slowly on 2.1 with a 6-8 hour battery life in average usage conditions. The Samsung tech centre re-flashed it and upgraded to 2.1. Great....things looking up.

BUT I run some email on IMAP and in 2.2 email set up you dont get the option to set how to delete email (ie phone/server/both) so now, I delete on the phone, it deletes and then when the phone resyncs it comes back again.

Has anybody else had this problem and more important, know of a solution at all? It makes my email useless on the phone.

Thanks and look forward to any help on offer
Charles

Welcome to the Android Forums!

For quicker response try posting your question to the Samsung Galaxy S forum...

Samsung Galaxy S - Android Forums
Hi apologies

as a newbie I kinda thought an Android OS question was better in wider than the Galaxy S section.......I was wrong and will forever be guilty. Have now moved and re-posted.

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones