1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support IMAP folder problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MossyRock, Jun 1, 2011.

1. MossyRock

MossyRock Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    A customer of mine just got a new Droid X2. The email provider is GoDaddy. Type of email is IMAP.

I successfully set up the IMAP accounts (there are three of them) on the Droid's stock email client. We are able to send and receive just fine. I can see all folders in the account structures just fine.

The problem is, when I try to open any folder that contains emails other then the inbox, it thinks for a while but then gives up with a "Connection Error". I can't see any detail for this error, like any codes or explanation. This happens for all three email accounts.

I have the security settings right now at default - Incoming IMAP port 143, outgoing SMTP port 80 (as per GoDaddy's instructions), no SSL. I have the value for emails to sync set to 100 (choices are 25, 50, 75, 100).

I called GoDaddy and they suggested that the problem is with the phone or the phone's settings (I tend to agree as their office Outlook clients are having no issues), but there aren't a lot of options to tweak. They said that I might try SMTP port 3535.

I currently don't have the phone in my possession - the company's owner has it - so I'm just trying to get some suggestions to try tomorrow.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. MossyRock

MossyRock Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    After two days of fighting this problem, with no help from GoDaddy, Google searches, or any forum responses, I took the phone back to the Verizon store where I was helped by a very knowledgeable manager.

He put K-9 on the Droid and now the IMAP email is working correctly.

During my research I came across K-9 and had considered it as an alternative, but this guy recommended it also, put it on, configured it, and the problems are gone.