1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support IMAP issues on Kitkat

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gr3len, Jan 3, 2014.

1. gr3len

gr3len Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2014
    Hello,

I am having authentification issues with my email using IMAP and Pop3 since upgrading to Android 4.3. I have a motorola moto g mobile phone.

I've checked my email server provider (all fine) and know both email protocals work from my desktop machine so its not that either.

Is this a common issue and does anyone have a fix or workarounds please? It's driving me batshit nuts.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Greg

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    4.3 or 4.4? 4.3 is Jellybean, and my GMail IMAP account works just fine on it.

3. Nicole S

Nicole S Newbie
    None

Nov 20, 2013
    Hi gr3len,

Which email account is affected? Hotmail, Yahoo,..? Can you not send and receive, or can you either send and not receive or receive and not send?

Does Gmail work?

Do you mean update to 4.4 Kitkat?

Did you delete and re enter the affected email account to see if that helps already?
    Cheers,
    Nicole

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen)

The first generation Moto G was the released in November of 2013. The phone was the first in Motorola's new mid-range line that targeted the sweet spot between specs and pricing. It originally built for emerging markets, but also saw success as a low-priced Android phone option in other parts of the world. The Moto G 1st Gen features Features 4.5-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 400 processor, 16GB storage, 1GB RAM. 5MP rear/1.3MP front facing cameras, and a removable 2,070 mAh battery.