• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IMAP problem

mcpolle

Lurker
Jun 12, 2014
Hi guys, just bought a HTC M8, coming from the Samsung S3, love the phone, but have a problem with "IMAP", first off it says it cannot login, and fails, but when I try to enter my code, it's not correct, but have no idea how to change it, or what I should do.

Any ideas?? Anyone??

Thx in advance.

Paul

Hi guys, just bought a HTC M8, coming from the Samsung S3, love the phone, but have a problem with "IMAP", first off it says it cannot login, and fails, but when I try to enter my code, it's not correct, but have no idea how to change it, or what I should do.

Any ideas?? Anyone??

Thx in advance.

Paul

Few questions:

Are you using the stock email app?

Does the email server support IMAP?

Are you manually setting up the account or allowing it to use an automatic setup script?

What "code" are you attempting to enter? Password? Two Factor Authentication?

Have you tried setting up your email as POP3 instead? If so, does it work?

Kratos

Upvote 0
Funny thing is, I am using gmail, and that seems to be working, so I have no idea what this is, have tried using the POP server, but no change,
Says authentication failed, and comes up every hour or so, very irritating:-(

You trying to set up Gmail in the native email app?

You should probably just use the Gmail that comes pre-installed on the phone.

Unless I am mis-understanding you......

Kratos

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones