• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IMEI and Wi-Fi MAC address needed for Gear preorder promotion

TendyS7

Lurker
Feb 26, 2016
It looks like a IMEI and Wi-Fi MAC address is needed to submit a claim for the Gear promotion that Samsung is running on this website: https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/gearvr/en-us/Enter

Since the redemption period begins on March 4th, but the scheduled ship date is March 10th, will we have to wait until physical delivery to obtain those pieces of information to submit a claim? I don't want to worry about missing out on the promotion if my phone takes a while to get to me. Any way to find this information online?

Thanks!

What is the "Wifi MAC"?
No idea; all I know is that the promotion's terms and conditions state that it is required for redemption.

Update: My Verizon order number was updated with a new ship date. 3/31/2016. Unbelievable. That practically puts me out of the redemption period, which ends on the same day, and since the terms say "until 3/31/16, or while supplies last" I'm not feeling so confident about this. It's going to be a deal breaker if I don't get at least the promised Gear VR.

Upvote 0
No idea; all I know is that the promotion's terms and conditions state that it is required for redemption.

Update: My Verizon order number was updated with a new ship date. 3/31/2016. Unbelievable. That practically puts me out of the redemption period, which ends on the same day, and since the terms say "until 3/31/16, or while supplies last" I'm not feeling so confident about this. It's going to be a deal breaker if I don't get at least the promised Gear VR.

The 3/31 is just a placeholder. The silver is delayed. My guess is that they'll ship prior to then.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys. My phone isn't due to ship until 3/7. My problem is since T-Mobile is shipping their pre-orders early, those customers have a leg up in submitting and claiming the Gear VR before the rest of us. According to the terms and conditions, they are only giving out 300,000. So guys, don't wast time when you get your phone. I started the process for my free Gear VR, but can't finish until my phone arrives. Here is the link to the terms and conditions: http://promo.samsungpromotions.com/

"4. GIFT DETAILS: Upon verification of the Offer Claim Form and receipt (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), the Participant will receive both a Samsung Gear VR (est. $100 value) and a 6-game Oculus content bundle (est. $50 value), redeemable as a digital download (“Gift”). Participants who purchase on VZW.com will be able to select one (1) of the following two (2) gifts: either (i) a Samsung Gear VR (est. $100 value) and a 6-game Oculus content bundle (est. $50 value); or (ii) a Samsung Gear S2 (est. $300 value, color selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion). Participants who purchase at T-Mobile will receive a Gift, as described above, and a one-year Netflix code on the “2 stream” subscription plan (est. $120 3 value) (“Netflix Code”). Gift items are subject to availability, while supplies last, and may ship separately. Samsung reserves the right to substitute a Gift item for another item of equal or greater value in the event of item unavailability. No more than 300,000 Gifts available in this Offer. Gifts are available for a limited time, while supplies last, on a first-come, first-served basis. Gifts will be mailed to Participants within approximately 4 – 6 weeks after verification of Offer Claim Form/receipt and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. To redeem the six (6) game Oculus content"

Upvote 0
glad i saw this thread.... i completely missed that the order had to be placed online to get the G2.. and i would prefer that over the VR...
so i just called support, and the lady cancelled my pending order that i placed at the verizon store monday.. and hung out on the phone with me while i placed a new order online.... Even after placing the new order, it still says delivery by 3/11..

on a side note... the rep i was working with mentioned that her SO had just texted her to let her know that her S7 came in today (from another carrier....) I got a good laugh out of that..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones