• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

nickschoey

Lurker
Sep 21, 2010
Hello.

Next week I'll buy a brand new Samsung Vibrant, imported from the US. I'll use it in the Spanish network but the seller said it will be already SIM unlocked and ready to be used with any spanish operator. But, since I plan to root and flash my new phone, I start to wonder if I'll have to use the IMEI code to unlock the phone everytime I flash it.

Thanks!

Hello.

Next week I'll buy a brand new Samsung Vibrant, imported from the US. I'll use it in the Spanish network but the seller said it will be already SIM unlocked and ready to be used with any spanish operator. But, since I plan to root and flash my new phone, I start to wonder if I'll have to use the IMEI code to unlock the phone everytime I flash it.

Thanks!

My understanding is once unlocked, always unlocked. If anyone has more information I'd like to hear it too.

Reactions: nickschoey
Upvote 0
Hello.

Thanks!

just make sure the vibrant has the proper bands for you to get full functionality of the phone from your provider in spain

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones