1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root IMEI number

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rdrain1994, Jul 16, 2013.

1. rdrain1994

rdrain1994 Well-Known Member

I need to know if rooting the LG Esteem did anything to the IMEI number on the back of the phone. I try to sell it to Gamestop and when they put the number in for some reason they cant take it(unless she entered it in wrong). But is there a way to fix this?

Advertisement

2. AwesomePie85

AwesomePie85 Well-Known Member

No, rooting doesn't change your IMEI. It's a pretty long number though, it's very possible she got it wrong.

Rxpert83 likes this.
  3. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

No does the ime number show up on the device have u ever reported that device stolen or tried to get a replacement device and they taken the ime number for anything if not did you make sure the su app was removed from the app draw .

4. rdrain1994

Nah it's not stolen or anything you said they tried to give me 7 dollars for this phone like I'm crazy so I changed mind but thanks anyway

5. BRAINZ2013

Wtf did u say 7.00 that is us dollars . Wow so who giving the other remaining 3hundredforty dollars . :eek::D . Dam

6. Slickinator

Slickinator Android Enthusiast

And now its basically a ripoff on metros part when I could pay $60 more for an S3 on T-mobiles faster network AND its dual core

7. rdrain1994

Yup I don't understand why this phone is still almost 400 dollars but they have phones for much less that are way better

BRAINZ2013 likes this.
  8. BRAINZ2013

The name ring a bell if not it does say its worth a lot . So we paying for the name unless they got something planned for it later :eek::D

Tags: