1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root IMEI recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by felixsv, Sep 2, 2016.

?

Would you buy a 100$ motorola paperweight?

1. Yes, the phone is bricked and you should move on.

2. No, but good luck.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. felixsv

felixsv Lurker
    None

Sep 2, 2016
    Male
    Hello, I'm new in this forum. I am no developer so please be mindful and keep it simple :)
    I will try to keep it short.

Actual Problem: No IMEI on the device ( I dial the *#06# and I get a pop up with no information, only the OK button to close it. It doesn't say Null or 000000 as output).

Old Problem: my Motorola moto G 4G peregrine XT1039 was rebooting randomly and not getting any connection signal (wifi was unable, SIM not recognized). This happend after a friend thought it'd be cool to root my device. Mistake. Not even a backup had been done.

I did some research.. and since I could not do a "custom ROM" from a SD launch or whatever, I decided to wipe it all and install Cyanogenmod. I followed each step of this site: https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_peregrine ( including backup from the previous conditions)
    It worked out good. No more reboots, wifi is working, phone is ok but the IMEI seems to be missing.

Please provide me a useful guide or some tips on how to repair my IMEI. Is it possible?
    I live as an expat and I can't bring it to a store, if there are people providing this services.
    Please help. Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
    Felix Svoboda.

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
  3. felixsv

felixsv Lurker
    None

Sep 2, 2016
    Male
    Dear Thom,
    thanks for the reply.

I have searched in the forum regarding this issue and I did not find helpful information, so I would appreciate a lot the opinion of some of the people here around regarding this matter.

Thanks,
    Felix.