• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Imoseyons AOSP kernel Questions

xmetalfan99

Dec 5, 2011
I plan on flashing the Imoseyons AOSP kernel to run with CM7. However, I have a few questions.

1) Do i just need to flash the kernel (after following the directions for what to clear or delete)?
2) Do I need speadtweak.sh with the kernel?

I plan on just using the lean kernel.

Just clear cache, and dalvik, and flash in recovery. Make a backup before flashing.

Speedtweak and zram are build in, swap is a separate file that you would flash if you want to use it. After flashing the kernel, you can open terminal emulator, which can be downloaded from the market if you don't have it already. Its a good tool to have, so I'd download it regardless. Anyway, type in 'su' hit enter, 'st' hit enter, and select your options. Most popular is probably '2' which is overclocked to 1.4 and undervolted. Select your governor, '8' or '9' which is InteractiveX, or SmartassV2. Some prefer one over the other, try em, see which you like better, hit '14' to exit. Type, 'exit', enter, 'exit' enter to get out of terminal emulator. Everything is typed without quotes. If you want to use zram, hit 'su' enter, 'zram enable' enter, or 'zram disable' if you want to turn it off.

You can adjust voltages even further in your file explorer app, in system>etc>init.d>01vdd_levels. Long press on 01vdd and bring up text editor if you want to make changes. I usually lower 245 to 800 and 368 to 825, but with voltages every phone is different. You just have to play with it until you know your phones limits. Otherwise just leave it alone if you don't feel like experimenting.

You don't have to use the Speedtweak settings, but it makes having an app like SetCPU redundant. It will default to stock speed and voltage settings with InteractiveX gov, if you don't use Speedtweak.

Upvote 0
Just clear cache, and dalvik, and flash in recovery. Make a backup before flashing.

Speedtweak and zram are build in, swap is a separate file that you would flash if you want to use it. After flashing the kernel, you can open terminal emulator, which can be downloaded from the market if you don't have it already. Its a good tool to have, so I'd download it regardless. Anyway, type in 'su' hit enter, 'st' hit enter, and select your options. Most popular is probably '2' which is overclocked to 1.4 and undervolted. Select your governor, '8' or '9' which is InteractiveX, or SmartassV2. Some prefer one over the other, try em, see which you like better, hit '14' to exit. Type, 'exit', enter, 'exit' enter to get out of terminal emulator. Everything is typed without quotes. If you want to use zram, hit 'su' enter, 'zram enable' enter, or 'zram disable' if you want to turn it off.

You can adjust voltages even further in your file explorer app, in system>etc>init.d>01vdd_levels. Long press on 01vdd and bring up text editor if you want to make changes. I usually lower 245 to 800 and 368 to 825, but with voltages every phone is different. You just have to play with it until you know your phones limits. Otherwise just leave it alone if you don't feel like experimenting.

You don't have to use the Speedtweak settings, but it makes having an app like SetCPU redundant. It will default to stock speed and voltage settings with InteractiveX gov, if you don't use Speedtweak.

Thank you for the info.

One last question before I go ahead and flash the kernel. Is v5.1.0, 11/16/11 the most current version?

[KERNEL] [AOSP] leanKernel: minimalistic kernel (v5.1.0, 11/16/11) - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones