• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Import Settings from Habit Browser

I've never heard of this browser, but "../" means "up one level" in Linux file paths (Android is based on the Linux kernel). So I would imagine that tapping that will move you up to the directory above where they start you off.

The question is, where is it starting? The other option is "0", which suggests to me that it might start you in "/storage/emulated", since /storage/emulated/0 is the directory you usually think of as /sdcard. In which case tapping "0" might be what you want, as that will show you the directories in your internal storage (which is where your Download folder is). And if I guessed wrong, tapping "../" should take you back.

Upvote 0
@Hardon,

Thank you for the detailed reply. I appreciate it.

Tapping "0" does nothing (seems to be a header).
Tapping "../" takes me to "emulated/ ../".
Tapping now "../" takes me to "storage emulated/ self/"

From there it's a loop.

If it's not too much of a trouble, could you download the app and have a look?
- I'd be grateful.

Upvote 0
OK, I think I see what it's doing, and I might have a guess at what your problem was. Have you granted it storage access permission? Without that it cannot see any of your directories, and because it's an old app (not updated for 4 years) it doesn't know how to request that permission from a modern Android version. So you need to go into Settings > Apps > Habit > Permissions and grant it storage access. I think that should fix it for you (it did for me).

But you will probably have to find another browser at some point. Because it's no longer being actively supported this one isn't fully compatible with current Android versions (the problem above), and that's only going to get worse with time. This problem was fixable, but sooner or later there will be something that isn't.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much! Highly appreciated.

Yes, I know it's an old browser. But the level of customization is amazing.
I also have Dolphin Browser installed.

May I ask you another question?

Settings -> Content -> Text display.
Uncheck "Auto size text".

I'm trying to change "Text scaling" and "Minimum font size".
The slider does move but the values are stuck with my old values, and the display is the default "100".

Any idea what might be the cause of that?

Upvote 0
I hadn't kept the app, so had to reinstall to test, but it does the same for me, i.e. nothing.

I don't know why, but then I don't know how the app handles the text scaling or the interface for setting it. If I had to guess my suspicion would be that there is something there that needs updating for the current Android APIs, but that would only be a guess. I'd normally say "contact the developer", but I doubt they will do anything after this long.

Reactions: Yaron21
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones