• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*important droid question*

i have an env touch and i want a droid inc. i have 2 yr. contract on a family plan with 2 other people. im 5 months into my plan and want to change it. can i cancel my contract for the ETF fee and not cancel the whole family plan, my sister and nana's contracts still be active? then can i buy the inc. and add my line back with a new contract? i want to get the inc now but it is not available, if they have 1 at best buy can i get one there and just pay 200 or do i have to cancel my contract and add the line back if thats possible? can i do this at best buy(cancelling contract). thanks for your help

i have an env touch and i want a droid inc. i have 2 yr. contract on a family plan with 2 other people. im 5 months into my plan and want to change it. can i cancel my contract for the ETF fee and not cancel the whole family plan, my sister and nana's contracts still be active? then can i buy the inc. and add my line back with a new contract? i want to get the inc now but it is not available, if they have 1 at best buy can i get one there and just pay 200 or do i have to cancel my contract and add the line back if thats possible? can i do this at best buy(cancelling contract). thanks for your help

I haven't taken the time to add this up for ya... and this is a post-on-the-fly reply, but by the time you pay the ETF and the the $200 for the new phone... you may just be better off paying MSRP and keeping your number.

Jon

Upvote 0
You could theoretically change the primary line and then cancel your line (assuming you are the primary). I'm not certain that you would get hit with the ETF that way.

As far as swaping your EnV Touch for the Inc... If the only reason you are wanting to cancel your line and add a new one is to get the phone for $200, I see your point, but can't imagine VZW doesn't have that loophole covered somewhere.

Like the previous poster said, your best bet is to call VZW, but I have a feeling your going to end up adding the data package to your existing line (be it primary or not), and begging for a one-time early upgrade. I don't know if that's something VZW can set up to work at Best Buy or not.

Reactions: IncrediblyCool
Upvote 0
i m on a family plan with 2 other ppl can i add another line onto the 3 others and then cancel the other line i previously had to get the DINC
I would pay 30 activation or something like that, the 150 ETF on other line that was previously used, the 200 for the DINC is this loophole possibly thx for ur time, srry im just so obsessed with this beast phone and will waste too much of my money to get it, i have been buzzzing aroung da forums for too long and i have to GET THIS PHONE

thank u for listening and providing ur insite

Upvote 0
similiar but i didnt get the rite answer can u answer it on the new post im sorry i posted on thay one and nobody answered so i took the gist to a new place but wont happen again can u answer this tho possibly
No problem. I was just wondering since the posts sounded very similar. :)

Upvote 0
i m on a family plan with 2 other ppl can i add another line onto the 3 others and then cancel the other line i previously had to get the DINC
I would pay 30 activation or something like that, the 150 ETF on other line that was previously used, the 200 for the DINC is this loophole possibly thx for ur time, srry im just so obsessed with this beast phone and will waste too much of my money to get it, i have been buzzzing aroung da forums for too long and i have to GET THIS PHONE

thank u for listening and providing ur insite
2 things -
1 - all you need to do is ask a Verizon employee (sounds feasible though)
2 - you probably have at least a couple week long wait before you can get the phone. You may already know this but you seem really excited and I felt the need to make sure you know.

Upvote 0
2 things -
1 - all you need to do is ask a Verizon employee (sounds feasible though)
2 - you probably have at least a couple week long wait before you can get the phone. You may already know this but you seem really excited and I felt the need to make sure you know.
fanks i appreciate ur speed in replying i will call them 2moro and hopefully they will say yes or their will be some pimpslappin' over the phone lol

Upvote 0
I'm sure they will have no problem with you opening a new line of service to get the Incredible, but that line will have a different phone number. Like you said, you will have to pay the ETF when you cancel your old line.

Something to consider though is how I got mine before my upgrade date. If you have had the same "regular" phone with Verizon (ex. Env2/3, Dare, Voyager. ect.) for at least 6 months, you can upgrade to a smart phone before your contract expiration date.

I don't know if its just something for my market, but if you have had a regular phone for at least 6 months, I'd ask about it.

Upvote 0
I'm sure they will have no problem with you opening a new line of service to get the Incredible, but that line will have a different phone number. Like you said, you will have to pay the ETF when you cancel your old line.

Something to consider though is how I got mine before my upgrade date. If you have had the same "regular" phone with Verizon (ex. Env2/3, Dare, Voyager. ect.) for at least 6 months, you can upgrade to a smart phone before your contract expiration date.

I don't know if its just something for my market, but if you have had a regular phone for at least 6 months, I'd ask about it.

Only for certain markets. I know it's not offered in my market which is the Midwest.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones