• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Important links: Fire up that revolution machine

thorasaurus

Oct 28, 2009
I visit Android forums on a daily basis (nearly addictive behavior) to look for updates or breakthroughs or fixes, but I rarely post. I think, however, it's time to just complain to Samsung and Sprint about the issues the phone has. And by complain, I mean a barrage of customer support e-mails (see: lighting a fire under someone :D)

Here are some links to write a letter/e-mail to some important people. Just write something up really quick and then copy/paste it to all the offenders. The sooner we get an update, the sooner the software glitches will be fixed and those that won't will hopefully be fixed by Zefie and his crew via rooting (but right now they don't even have a recovery image). So let's do this:

Samsung:
contact us - SAMSUNG

Sprint:
Email Us
-Just put "samsung update" in the box and the e-mail form will be on the right.

EFF: (for Samsung not allowing Android to be truly 'open')
information@eff.org

Heck, I'll even make a generic letter for you:

Dear (Sprint/Samsung),

I am the proud, but discouraged owner of the Samsung Moment (SPH-m900) on Sprint. I really do want to like this phone, but sadly many of the software bugs and glitches cripple the device. Some examples of these are:

1) GPS being non-functional or extremely slow at locating
2) battery meter is not accurate at all and therefore puts phone in energy-saving mode far earlier than needed
3) phone randomly enters airplane mode and requires reboot to regain service
4) inability to recover phone from fatal error without visiting a Sprint store
5) inability to adjust backlight timeout on keyboard
6) optical pad does not function after screen times out when using browser
7) Pandora has issues of poor quality; other sound features are fickle
8) Some apps are not compatible with Android 1.5
9) Android 1.5 is outdated for a new phone and should be at the very very least be updated to 1.6 if not 2.0.
10) other issues that can be noted on the Sprint discussion forum or Android forums.

I understand that some have said not to expect an OS update until quarter 2 of 2010 but in the meantime, there should be a firmware or software update to fix all the bugs. This phone obviously should not have been released in its present state since many users are reporting the same bugs.

If you'd like to be a company of good rapport and strong character, please consider the aforementioned problems and request for an update. It's really not too much to ask for someone who paid hard-earned money for a quality smartphone product.

Please don't suck,
(your name)

Just copy and paste that or edit it to your liking. Seriously, let's get this boat moving.

thor.

Yeah, I'm just trying to get people like myself (who previously didn't do anything) to submit a complaint. It's worth a try. I'm still trying to talk myself out of going back to the Hero because between HTC and xda, they seem to have a good backing. It sucks though because I like the moment.

Upvote 0
i have barley any of those problems you mentions insept for number 5 and when it comes to some apps not working with 1.5 same goes for 1.6 and 2.0 a lot of apps that work for us dont work for those versions. Also the phone is going to be updated eventually just that takes patience witch i dont really have honestly but i guess ill have to live with it.

Upvote 0
I hacked your letter in a couple of spots, then submitted my version, ;)Thanks.

Dear Samsung,

I am the proud, but discouraged owner of the Samsung Moment (SPH-m900) on Sprint. I really do want to like this phone, but sadly many of the software bugs and glitches cripple the device. Some examples of these are:

1) GPS being non-functional or extremely slow at locating
2) battery meter is not accurate at all and therefore puts phone in energy-saving mode far earlier than needed
3) phone randomly enters airplane mode and requires reboot to regain service
4) inability to recover phone from fatal error without visiting a Sprint store
5) inability to adjust backlight timeout on keyboard
6) optical pad does not function after screen times out when using browser
7) Pandora/Slacker has issues of poor quality; other sound features are fickle
8) Some apps are not compatible with Android 1.5
9) Android 1.5 is outdated for a new phone and should be at the very very least be updated to 1.6, but really should be 2.0.
10) other issues that can be noted on the Sprint discussion forum or Android forums, including some positive reviews.

I understand that some have said not to expect an OS update until quarter 2 of 2010 but in the meantime, there should be a firmware or software update to fix all the bugs. This phone obviously should not have been released in its present state since many users are reporting the same bugs.

If you'd like to be a company of good rapport and strong character, please consider the aforementioned problems and request for an update. It's really not too much to ask for someone who paid hard-earned money for a quality smartphone product.

Please help your customers to like your products more, therefore considering purchasing more of them, instead of becoming disillusioned and pissed off by a lack of support.

Thanks,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones