1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

**Important: READ this before purchasing from radioshack

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by octavian96, Feb 22, 2011.

1. octavian96

octavian96 Lurker
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Atrix upgraders: Please, please, please be careful at Radioshack.

I went to two radioshacks this morning in manhattan at 9am. First one said they couldn't upgrade and allow me to keep my unlimited data plan. Left the store, told myself they were incompetent, went to another radioshack.

Second radioshack said "no problem", encountered a problem, jabbered in spanish amongst themselves while I sat there, and then said "no problem". Apparently there was a problem, because I went home, checked online, and sure enough, they completely fubar'd my account: removed family unlimited texting, and downgraded my unlimited data to the 2gb data.

Was on phone with AT&T for 30minutes to get it resolved, and AT&T Customer service was VERY Helpful. They would have had fixed it quicker but the manager had a queue of about 8 people that had the same thing happen to them.

Radio shack apparently does NOT have the "grandfather" ability on their computer so they can't keep your unlimited. However if you call AT&T after (CALL AS SOON AS YOU GO HOME) they will help you out.

Spoke to two guys at AT&T and they were both awesome. One dude was cracking on radioshack and was like i'm sorry for the inconvenience. I of course wasn't bothered as long as it was resolved: afterall, I saved $50 at radioshack.

Anyway, i'm new to the forum but I wanted to create an account and post this in case other people might encounter the same problem. Haven't even opened my damn atrix yet!! So pumped. Off to spend the next 24hrs playing with this bad boy..

Enjoy.

Advertisement

jroc and redrider67 like this.
  2. jroc

jroc Android Expert
    None

Apr 10, 2010
    Thanks for the heads up.