• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Important, u8800 overcharges?

For example if i leave all night charging, does it damage the battery? Some batteries after fullycharged, they wont charge anymore. What about u8800?

And what happens if i charge while phone is open and not fully empty? Does it damage?

My charge lasts 16 hours, why is it? I dont use wifi, games, etc. Please help

For example if i leave all night charging, does it damage the battery? Some batteries after fullycharged, they wont charge anymore. What about u8800?

And what happens if i charge while phone is open and not fully empty? Does it damage?

My charge lasts 16 hours, why is it? I dont use wifi, games, etc. Please help
No, on modern Android phones, it won't hurt the battery. The phone manages the charging. It will stop charging when it reaches 100% and won't start charging again until it drops down some. That way the battery is only fully charged for a short time. So just charge when you can and don't worry about it.

Reactions: Cursed Chico
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi, If you have broken your USB connector in the U8800, you will need another circuit board.
You will not get a schematic or circuit diagram from Huawei.
I would suggest you search Ebay for someone selling a broken phone. I have done this as LCD and Digitizer screens are available on Ebay (ex China/HongKong).
If you are careful and have the technical knowhow, you can renew these screens and get a serviceable phone from it.
There are videos on Youtube explaining how to do it.
I have done this with a U8150 & U8800 X5 and been successful in getting two phones for less than a 1/3rd of the cost of a new phone. Cheers Neil.

Upvote 0
5.3 Howdo I maximize the battery life?
1. Press to lock the screen when you do not use the phone.
2. Set the screen timeout to the smallest value: Touch > Settings >Display > Screen timeout.
3. Set the screen brightness to a lower degree: Touch > Settings > Display > Brightness.
4. Turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi: Touch > Settings > Wireless & networks and uncheck Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
5. Disable background data synchronization: Touch > Settings > Accounts & sync and uncheck Background data and Auto-sync.
6. Disable data service: Touch > Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile
networks and uncheck Data enabled.
7. Disable GPS: Touch > Settings > Location & security and uncheck Use GPS satellites.
8. Use only 2G networks: Touch > Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks and uncheck Use only 2G networks.
From User FAQ's Manual. Neil.

Upvote 0
Hi Gmash, I have purchased wall chargers from Ebay for the U8150 Ideos and the U8800 X5. If you purchase a spare battery, you can have one charged and ready to change over on a daily basis.
Here is the link:Huawei U8800 X5 | eBay

All these chargers will not overcharge the battery, including OE supplied with the phone. In fact, Huawei advise plugging the phone into the charger when the phone is not in use.
Lithium batteries have protection circuitry against overcharging and overheating, but will regardless of what use, probably require renewal on a yearly basis.

The wall chargers in the above link have the USB connector in them for the OE supplied USB cable. Cheers Neil.

Upvote 0
Hi Gmash, I have purchased wall chargers from Ebay for the U8150 Ideos and the U8800 X5. If you purchase a spare battery, you can have one charged and ready to change over on a daily basis.
Here is the link:Huawei U8800 X5 | eBay

All these chargers will not overcharge the battery, including OE supplied with the phone. In fact, Huawei advise plugging the phone into the charger when the phone is not in use.
Lithium batteries have protection circuitry against overcharging and overheating, but will regardless of what use, probably require renewal on a yearly basis.

The wall chargers in the above link have the USB connector in them for the OE supplied USB cable. Cheers Neil.
Yes, I meant to suggest that would be a good option for the person with the broken charging port on their phone. That link should help them out. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones