• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Imported contacts from Facebook

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought my Desire after umming and ahhing - thanks to all those who helped me make my decision! :D

Ok, so I'm using my old simcard (with contact data stored on the sim for ease of transfer) so I've had it two days and the very first thing it did after I set up my Facebook etc was to import all my contacts on there with numbers.

The thing is, a lot of these are duplicates. Is there anyway of merging the data so I can keep the Facebook profile picture for "John" but not have his full name from Facebook, ie "John Smith".

I'm so impressed with this phone I can't tell you! Plus I've already managed to convert a girl in my office who yesterday was wishing she had an iPhone but today is wanting a Desire - t'was the live wallpapers what did it! lol

Hi im sure this has probably been resolved now but... It was a while a go I did it but I think if you go into Settings > Accounts & Sync > Facebook > check the boxs etc and sync it will automatically go through the people with same name / number and suggest to merge them, then you can go through any left over and merge the ones it didn't think of?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones