1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Imported Contacts from Palm

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Palmdroid, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Palmdroid

Palmdroid Lurker
    None

Aug 26, 2016
    Male
    Massachusetts
    So I think I was one of the last Palm holdouts. I had been using my trusty Palm Centro until just recently. I now have an LG G5 and I actually like it quite a bit. One of the first things I did was Bluetooth over all of my contacts. They got sent over as 'vcf' files which was how I built my contacts list in the G5.

The problem is, Palm devices had an option that I used, where if you listed a phone number with seven digits, it would automatically append a default area code. So since most of the numbers in my contacts are listed with seven digits, I find myself making a lot of manual changes to my Android contacts list because I keep getting "call cannot be completed as dialed" errors.

Is there a phone option similar to what Palm had? Or do I have to manually edit each contact?

Advertisement

psionandy likes this.
  2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    I was a former Palm user, but never used that option. I've never seen such an option in Android I'm afraid. The best I can suggest is that it's probably easier to edit a large number of contacts on a computer than on a phone. If they are synced with Google you can go into GMail and edit them there, then the updates should sync back to the phone.

Palmdroid likes this.
  3. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    I'm very confused about something, as far as I'm aware there is no such thing as a 'default area code'. Every phone number has an area code prefix based on location. Unless all the phone numbers in your Contacts are for people/businesses in the same region.

4. Palmdroid

Palmdroid Lurker
    None

Aug 26, 2016
    Male
    Massachusetts
    The user was able to type in the area code they wanted as the default, and Palm phones would automatically stick it in front.