• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Importing a Nexus Galaxy and warranty concerns

If I recall correctly, no. There may be the ocassional case where Samsung allows it but I doubt it. That's why they setup regional warranties to begin with, as it would likely be costly to do it globally.

Some stores offer to handle it to a certain extent though. Check with the individual store to see what their policy is.

Upvote 0
I think depending on the fault, once the US version is out and they're handling those repairs you might have more luck getting them to cover it.

I usually go with the business traveler approach and that no one mentioned to me about this when I purchased, and insinuating they're being really petty for no reason. Works sometimes!

Upvote 0
"The Expansys phones are grey market phones... they are sourced overseas, shipped to Expansys USA and then resold to US customers. Warranties are based on the international warranty, and are usually handled by Expansys.

This is not the same as a phone that's distributed to Best Buy from Samsung with a US warranty attached to it. Generally speaking, importers like Expansys and Negri are very upstanding when it comes to phone warranties. However, without that middle-man, getting a phone problem resolved is not as easy as driving to your neighborhood store."

quoted from alee0279

Upvote 0
I think depending on the fault, once the US version is out and they're handling those repairs you might have more luck getting them to cover it.

I usually go with the business traveler approach and that no one mentioned to me about this when I purchased, and insinuating they're being really petty for no reason. Works sometimes!

Samsung USA in NOT going to cover a grey market phone. The only way you could get it repaired is to see if you can send it back to the seller and have them handle the warranty if they happen to be in the country of origin. This is a BIG if.

I buy grey market phones and understand that part of the luxury of having it first is that there is no warranty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones