1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Tips Importing Bookmarks from Computer to Evo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sunil28, Sep 18, 2010.

1. sunil28

sunil28 New Member

Jul 20, 2010
    I have lot of bookmarks on my computer and would like them all on the Browser on my phone, any browser (Default, Dolphin, Opera, etc. anything) is fine. Is there a way to import them automatically somehow from computer to the mobile browsers, other than just manually typing everyone.

Advertisement

2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    I do some stuff and get paid for it...that's all t
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Using the Dolphin browser you can get the "bookmarks to sd" add-on. Them export them from your computer into an html file and drop that file into the folder the add-on will create on your sd card. Then import them back into the dolphin browser from that folder.

I'm just finding all that via google so I can't offer any more help than that...

3. geekaren

geekaren Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I've used an app called MyBookmarks to transfer my laptop bookmarks over to my EVO. Works well.

4. stanglifemike

stanglifemike Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Nissan Technician
    Near ATL, GA
    I use Dolphins 'Bookmarks to SD' and I also use Opera Mini to transfer Opera browsers. I actually downloaded Opera on to my laptop just so it would be easier to add my bookmarks back in to Opera mini after a flash and ended up finding out that I REALLY like using Opera on my laptop, on it right now actually...

5. Karl_in_Chicago

Karl_in_Chicago Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Since my primary browser on the desktop is Firefox and I use Xmarks (formerly Foxmarks) to keep all my PC's in sync, I have a bookmark on my Evo that takes me to Xmarks - and from there I can launch all of my bookmarks with the added benefit of them all being kept in sync (vs having to download/delete new/changed bookmarks all the time).

It's far from perfect but it will do until Xmarks (or somebody else) releases an Android extension.

Tags: