• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Importing contacts to textra

I don't think there is.

You could set it without sending a message: start to compose a new message to the person, then return to the conversation list without sending. You now have a new conversation with a "draft" message. If you return to the conversation you can now customise the notification for it the same as any other. However, what I don't know, because I've not tested, is whether it will remember the custom notification if you delete the draft message. I suspect that when the final (only) message is cleared it will forget everything related to that conversation, because there will no longer be a conversation. If so you could do it, but only by cluttering your conversations list with junk texts until you have a real exchange with that person (at which point you can lose the drafts). For me that wouldn't be worth it, but that's just me.

Upvote 0
I don't think there is.

You could set it without sending a message: start to compose a new message to the person, then return to the conversation list without sending. You now have a new conversation with a 'draft' message. If you return to the conversation you can now customise the notification for it the same as any other. However, what I don't know, because I've not tested, is whether it will remember the custom notification if you delete the draft message. I suspect that when the final (only) message is cleared it will forget everything related to that conversation, because there will no longer be a conversation. If so you could do it, but only by cluttering your conversations list with junk texts until you have a real exchange with that person (at which point you can lose the drafts). For me that wouldn't be worth it, but that's just me.

Thank you! I will try it :) so pissed at samsung :(

Upvote 0
Hi,
I'm also having problems accessing contacts from Textra. I have contacts enable in settings for Textra and SMS enabled in settings for contacts, but Textra is not picking up my contacts, When I text a new contact I have to enter the number manually in Textra, then add it to my contacts. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones