• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Importing music to the Galaxy S2

gkh77

Lurker
Oct 16, 2010
Hi everyone

Hope someone can help as I love my new Galaxy S2 but it's really pissing me off at the moment!!

I have 40g of music on my PC stored in Itunes. No matter how I try (Kies or drag and drop) I can't seem to get artist information to show in the music
player.

Kies downloads song title and nothing else and drag and drop shows song title and album title but not artist name!

My HTC Desire HD never had this problem, I just dragged and dropped from my I-tunes music file and the device picked up all the info I needed (Album,Artist,Song title etc)

If anyone has a solution to this problem I would really appreciate your help as having a usable music player is vital to me in a phone

Thanks

Try PowerAMP, its the best music player for Android fullstop, so worth having regardless.

Incidentally, I'd give up iTunes and just tag everything with mp3tag, its what I do and now I can just drag and drop in any non-iTunes OS/device/ecosystem and have my music collection in impeccable order. Understand if you're too used to iTunes to do that, but I think its a better way to catalogue your collection.

Upvote 0
I've read on a few forums that some had converted their m4a and AACs to mp3 and it had fixed the problem. That's fine if you're happy with mp3s but one of the main reasons that I chose the Galaxy was because of its superior sound quality and support of superior file types (I'm an audio pro and don't understand why so many people put up with listening to lossy mp3s played on muddy iPods.) I converted some AACs and WAVs to FLAC and then just used explorer to drag and drop the artist folders into music folder on the galaxy via USB. All tags, including artist, which was the one I truly could not live without, and album images playing beautifully on the stock Samsung player (which is actually excellent) and no need to buy anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones