1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Importing to the UK

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kash_htcdesire, Dec 8, 2011.

1. kash_htcdesire

None

Jul 23, 2011
    Hi All,

I am from the UK and wanting to order and import the TP from the US and having looked at websites like myus and bundle box and I was wondering if anyone had any views, tips, advice for me. I don't really want to wait for the UK release and I'm working with assumption that the TP will cost

Advertisement

2. NineToTheSky

NineToTheSky Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 16, 2010
    UK
    The UK price is for the 32GB bundled with the keybord, whereas the US is without it.

Everything I've been reading suggests that the USA release date will be from the 19th onwards, and I've seen a few that suggest January. The UK release is supposed to be January, so what with the fact that only existing pre-orders will be fulfilled this year - and a lot of them may not be - plus I suspect, even if you could get one, shipping may not be the fastest over the holiday period, I very much doubt that you will get it much sooner.

Apparently, the UK will only get the 32gb bundle, so the only advantage to ordering from the US would be to get the 64GB, though possible after the UK release.

3. Rastor

Rastor Member
    None

Jan 25, 2011
    According to slashgear you can order both 32GB and 64GB units in the UK, though only the 32GB comes bundled with the keyboard dock.

Honestly the supply is looking very tight in the USA, by the time you could import one it would probably have been faster and easier to just buy one from a UK retailer.

NineToTheSky likes this.
  4. NineToTheSky

NineToTheSky Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 16, 2010
    UK
    I don't know how I missed that! I've spoken to Clove who say they don't know when in January they will be getting them. This must be the first preorder in the UK. At last!

5. kash_htcdesire

None

Jul 23, 2011
    hmmmmmm you see i dont really want the keyboard dock for the simple reason that I had the TF101 with dock and every time i was using the dock I just wanted to jump onto my laptop for the proper laptop experience, so to keep it as a tablet experience I'd just want the tablet. With clove, i'd only be able to get the 64gb which i dont want, as I'd rather get the 32gb with a 32gb sd card but that doesnt seem to be an option. But i do think importing from the US isnt going to happen due to the lack of supply and the holiday period as you pointed out so I may have to just sit tight and wait :(

6. Rastor

Rastor Member
    None

Jan 25, 2011
    Easy solution, find someone who wants a 64GB and a keyboard dock and become shopping buddies. :)