• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Impossible to Unroot

danielmi

Lurker
Oct 2, 2010
Hi I have a rooted Htc Hero, I want to go back to the original 2.1rom but here is the problem, I have tried several methods of unrooting the phone nothing work. I have bought the phone already rooted, I bought it from spain and I believe it was locked to Orange spain. Does anyone have any idea on what I could do?

Cheers

Hmm, I'm not entirely familiar with BeHero, but I'm guessing you installed that quite a while ago, right? I mean before the official 2.1 came out? I found BeHero 1.3.2 (so newer than yours) and apparently it's a port of 2.1 from an Eris, which would explain why it's buggy and slow.

You should switch to Villain 12, it's uses the official 2.1 as it's base and improves upon it :) It will be a million times better than an Eris port.

Reactions: danielmi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones