1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Impossible

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rumblee1, Feb 9, 2011.

1. rumblee1

rumblee1 Newbie

I tried everything. Z4root, easyroot. But my droid x will not root. I used z4root on my galaxy tab, and it rooted no problem. So whats with the x? Anyone,any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Raptor912

Raptor912 Android Enthusiast

Is Debugging checked? If not, check that and try again. If it is, not too sure...

3. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Android Expert

Gotta say it: you're doing it wrong. I'm not rooted myself, so I can't help much, but look up just a little bit, there's a Droid X subforum all about rooting, you'll probably find the help you need in there. the DX can be rooted, it's been done a lot, so check in there and you should be rooted and rocking in no time! In fact, I'll even help with what I can, here'a link to that subforum:

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/

Welcome, by the way!

Raptor912 likes this.
  4. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

I just rooted my son's Droid 2 Global the other day... Z4root just spun and sat there the first time I tried it. Then, I simply rebooted, re-ran Z4root, and whammo, rooted right away.

Try a simple reboot and see if that's the ticket...

Cheers!

P.S. Welcome the AndroidForums, rumblee1! :)

5. Steven58

+1 for "whammo!"

6. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

lol...[​IMG] :D

P.S., love your new avatar, Steven![​IMG]

7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I had some strange situation where I actually had to do a factory reset before z4 would work for me.

Nothing I did would work. After a factory reset, boom, no problems.

8. binary_jester

binary_jester Newbie

Mine took forever. I actually go to the point where I started to look up for recovery after a failed root. Then it rebooted and I thought I was screwed. Then it was done.

9. Lars

Lars Android Expert

Also skip the temporary root and just do permanant. If your phone was rooted before a flash update and now is stuck half rooted, then do the temporary root, uninstall superuser, reboot and try perm root.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews