• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I too had so many problems with my multiple Incredibles... I hated that phone with a passion, and as a result I hated Android... but then my brother got a DX and I decided I wanted one to try out so I put an ad on craigslist to see if I could get a bite on a straight trade, my Dinc for their DX... and I got one.

This phone is much more polished than the Dinc ever could be... the screen size is amazing... I thought I wanted an iPhone when it comes to VZW, but with this DX I have changed my mind. I will keep my old iPhone for use in my car for music (since my BMW only does iPod input) and keep the DX for everyday use.

Battery life on the DX is much better too... I could go on and on, but everyone knows how great the DX is... so good riddance to the Dinc

Upvote 0
I too had so many problems with my multiple Incredibles... I hated that phone with a passion, and as a result I hated Android... but then my brother got a DX and I decided I wanted one to try out so I put an ad on craigslist to see if I could get a bite on a straight trade, my Dinc for their DX... and I got one.

This phone is much more polished than the Dinc ever could be... the screen size is amazing... I thought I wanted an iPhone when it comes to VZW, but with this DX I have changed my mind. I will keep my old iPhone for use in my car for music (since my BMW only does iPod input) and keep the DX for everyday use.

Battery life on the DX is much better too... I could go on and on, but everyone knows how great the DX is... so good riddance to the Dinc

That's how I feel too...so glad I made the switch. I hate the some of the Inc fanboys act like the phones are perfect and have no issues at all...lol.

Upvote 0
I came over from the DINC to the DX and couldn't be happier, However....

I had the same problem with my DX being unresponsive at times.. And i noticed it was just from certain callers as well.
I no longer have this problem since I have rooted my phone, not saying you should do this but it has cleared up most if not all the issues (there weren't many). I aslo had a prblem with the camera, anytime i wanted to take a panorama photo it would not save. This would only happen once and a while as well i noticed if i went into running services and shut down the camera and then restarted the app it would work just fine. You could try a diffrent camera app. there are quite a few out that work even better than the stock camera app.

I'm also using Launcher Pro as my UI and I would never go back to blur.

Reactions: breynolds007
Upvote 0
I'm also using Launcher Pro as my UI and I would never go back to blur.

I guess I just worry that LP or ADW will cause issues...seems like a lot of people love them but others complain that they aren't worth the problems they cause. I dunno, I don't love Blur but I loved Sense but it had issues.

Reactions: lolavuckovic
Upvote 0
I guess I just worry that LP or ADW will cause issues...seems like a lot of people love them but others complain that they aren't worth the problems they cause. I dunno, I don't love Blur but I loved Sense but it had issues.

I would guess the vast majority of people who are using LPP aren't experiencing problems. I highly recommend trying it out. It's one of the best things I've installed on my phone. I couldn't go back to stock ever. There is a free version of LPP that you can install. I would just recommend if you do, make sure you delete all the widgets off your current screens before installing LPP. Best thing is that if you don't like it, it's easily uninstalled.

Reactions: breynolds007
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones